Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark, DE
Quality Inn(Newark)
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
View Hotel
All reviewsparents weekendthe breakfast areaking suitegreat rateice machinefree breakfastchristiana hospitaldelaware parkgreat roomgreat customer servicewafflescollegemallinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

1 good thing i would say is the location i stood here for a funeral i knew the name Carlson and figured i would have a clean room and a good nite sleep i was wrong on both accounts the room air did'nt work the water in the commode ran non stop all nite and last but not least there was live bees in my room i didnt notice this till 630 am ( i have the pictures to prove it) they then offered to move me to another room at 630 am (i am highly allergic to bees!) when i complained i was told management would not be in till 930 ( which was a lie) they was off for the weekend i guess they just didnt want to deal with me .so i spoke with another person after the shift change( she was very nice) who told me the manger would not be back till monday and the most she could do is discount the room an i should call back(which i did, no return calls) i also called customer care and they told me to give the manger 24 hours to contact me after 24 hrs i got a email from hotel saying sorry for any problems you had and 25 bucks took off was sufficient . any ways other family members who also stood here took pictures of the beds and the bugs that was in them in there rooms, i am now in the process of trying to figure out how to report this and fwd the pic's so this hotel can be brought up to Carlson' standards and to health regulations, to sum it all up if you are allergic to any types of bees and/or bugs (or if you just dont wanna risk getting bite) and you want a good nite sleep avoid this hotel ! across the street for 20 bucks more is 3 other hotels that are much better .oh yea i stood here on july 28,2012 picture is of 1 of the bees in the room on the curtian

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank margc2460
Countryinn1024, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark, DE, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Unfortunately, the incidents that you mention are false. You forgot to mention however, how the rest of your party, including yourself were asked to leave our hotel, due to the disruptions that you cause to our fellow guests and staff. You also failed to mention that we had to threaten to call the police, in order to have other family members who were highly intoxicated, and still in the guest rooms (that were checked out) passed out, and refused to leave the premises.

In conclusion, if you open up your windows and screens, you will get bugs in the room. That will happen whether at home or while traveling. We have a large amount of woods surrounding our property, so it is very possible that all sorts of insects and animals live in these areas. We have screens in the windows for those guests who wish to open them for air.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Once again Country Inn and Suites have not let us down!!!! The facility is always clean and welcoming, the hot breakfast hits the spot, and most of all the wonderful staff is by far ahead of the rest. Many thanks for their assistance from the front desk up through the General Manager!!!! We always look for Country Inn and Suites when we travel and will continue to do so in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jason k
Countryinn1024, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Newark, DE, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We appreciate the positive feedback, and we we hope that you will choose to stay with us again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2012

As a business traveler I will be staying at this facility whenever I need to stay over night in the Newark area. It was convenient, clean, up-to-date, reasonably priced and comfortable. The staff was particularly sympathetic and helpful when a problem arose. The hotel GM helped solve my problem and I was on my way again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Abtep
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and I hope that you will come back and visit us if you happen to be traveling to the area again!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

On a recent trip to the Delaware Valley region I decided to stay here instead of the older Quality Inn or the outrageously priced Courtyard. For somewhere around $100 I got a clean and comfortable room with modern amenities including a flat screen television with a full compliment of cable channels. The bed was so comfortable I collapsed onto it at 10 pm and didn't wake up until a thunderstorm passed by around 5:30 am.

It took advantage of both the fitness room and free breakfast. The exercise equipment wasn't anything to rave about, but they did have a television within the room to draw your attention while on the treadmill or the rowing machine. The free breakfast was the usual compliment of eggs, sausage and various cold items. The only difference between this meal and other free breakfasts on my trip was the inclusion of plain yogurt, fresh berries, and granola.

Access in an out of the hotel is easy with a traffic light that leads you onto Route 58, one of Northern Delaware's main roads. From here, you can access Christiana Hospital right down the street, Christiana Mall one exit down, the University of Delaware, Wilmington, and even Philadelphia. There are also several places to eat around this area, including Michael's, which is walking distance, Cheeseburger in Paradise, and Olive Garden.

If you're looking for simple and inexpensive I recommend the Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Despite closeness to Delaware Route 1 and Interstate 95, most rooms are quiet. If you're not interested in a room overlooking the highway, ask for one that faces the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank richysk
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!

We appreciate your kind words, and I hope that you will come back and visit us if you happen to be traveling to the area again!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My stay here was great. The staff was wonderful. I was leaving in the morning and unfortunately my rental car would not start. I had 20 minutes before I had to report for work. I called the rental car road side assistance who stated they would be there in a little over an hour or so. I ran in the hotel to ask the staff and Dominick the gentleman who was working in the breakfast area moved his car to mine and jump started it. He waited with me a couple minutes to ensure my car would stay running. I truly appreciated him helping me out and I was able to be at work on time. Great customer service in staff is extremely important to me and frankly these days sometime hard to find. I hope Dominick will be recognized for going the extra mile.
My room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank vinellim
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review and also for staying with us at the Country Inn & Suites, Newark De.

I was thrilled to read your lovely comments about our hotel.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to the whole team, especially Dominic. I am certain they will all be delighted to hear your kind praise.

Warmest Regards,