“We'll be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newark
Blue Hen Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Newark B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was our second stay at the Blue Hen B&B-and we'll be back again for sure. Amy and Don are warm and wonderful proprietors of this beautiful, comfortable inn. Absolutely everything is above par, in every way- we can't recommend the Blue Hen enough. Make sure you leave room for an unbelievable breakfast too!
Pete D

Room Tip: All the rooms have beautiful period antique furniture, and absolutely top of the line mattresses. Al...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pete D
There are newer reviews for Blue Hen Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We found the Blue Hen web site online the day before our trip. We made one call and... stayed there for two night. And we want to go there again, but now with our daughter and friends. I believe, everyone will be appreciate this lovely home. This is not a hotel - this is cozy and welcoming home. This is the best place to stay.
We will be going there again!

Room Tip: Any room will be wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marina U
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Hen B&B February 16th. We were visiting Newark for a birthday party and we enjoy staying at B&B's when we travel. When I found the Blue Hen web site on line, it looked like it would be a lovely place to spend the night. Oh my goodness, it was! The Blue Hen B&B is a charming Inn. Amy and Don are the most wonderful proprietors we have ever met. They are gracious, accommodating and so friendly. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. Don made us a delicious breakfast in the morning. His omelets and Egg Benedicts are outstanding. Amy gave us a wonderful tour of the Inn and told us all about the history of the area. This is truly a lovely place to stay. We checked into the Inn as customers, but left feeling we were friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diane W
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here in the summer of 2012 and I have to say that I loved my stay. Not only was Amy accomodating in every way as well as giving my a tour of the entire house and history and giving me a yummy homemade breakfast to boot, she gave me so much information when I told her that I would be moving to Delaware within the year. I will definately be booking my next stay here when I come out for interviews!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Hilary S
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Blue Hen Bed and Breakfast is without a doubt the Very Best Place to stay. This is a warm and welcoming home and Amy and Don are amazing people who will make you feel rite at home immediatly. The rooms are gorgeous and the breakfast are out of this world. We dont consider any other place to stay when we are in the area, we actually will go out of our way to stay here this is the Very Best place to stay. They have earned my highest recommendation. A must place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank txisland2000
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had an excellent stay at the blue hen bed and breakfast. The food is absolutey delicious, and the owners, Donald and Amy are very gracious. It is in a terrific location, right outside of the univerity of delaware campus. The Blue Hen Bed and breakfast is family and pet friendly. The home is historic so it has a wonderful charm.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly Stripling L
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Blue Hen Bed and Breakfast. The hosts were great and very helpful about places to visit and eat. We were on a mini-vacation to visit the duPont attractions, Winterthur, Hagely Museum, and Longwood Gardens. The bed was confortable and the breakfast delicious. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wyeth Room on the road side but it was not noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple