Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quality Inn(Newark)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenthe hotel staffdelaware parkesaratesmall
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Location is very easy to locate and staff is amazing, everyone who is working there is very knowledgeable with the area and are just pleasant and helpful. Rooms are very nice and clean, large space for you to get work done or even have a meeting in the room if necessary. Hotel wifi is a bit sluggish being the only downfall. But clean rooms and great rates win out !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Newark - Christiana. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We needed a low price hotel for just one night, this hotel was just what we asked for. The room was clean and did not have the smell of smoke at all. If you need a basic hotel suite (sofabed, kitchen, king size bed, and bathroom) then this is the place for your family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoy the rooms and the friendly service provided. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Myself, my wife and my 13 year old daughter recently stayed two nights while we down in Delaware for a Lacrosse tournament. We were a little nervous after reading some of the negative reviews but were pleasantly suprised as everything was very nice. We had a large room with a king sized bed, pullout couch and kitchen. The room looked newly renovated, everthing was very clean, the TV was a new flatscreen with a great picture, the AC worked perfectly and the pullout was comfortable. Despite many of the reviews, we didn't notice any smell of cigarette smoke anywhere in the hotel. Everything was fine and we plan to stay there again next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GFamilyTravelers
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel seems to cater to smokers. I reserved a non-smoking room and was given
a smoking room. When I complained, I was told they hadn't had any non-smoking rooms
available for the night we reserved for at least a month prior to my request. They claimed
that it was the company we reserved through (Hotels.com) who made the reservation knowing
there was not a room available to meet our request. I've reviewed Hotels.com separately.
When I suggested to the clerk that maybe they didn't have enough non-smoking rooms if they
were booked that much quicker than the smoking rooms--she told me it would be discriminatory to reduce the smoking room numbers. I made a remark about it being unfair to be forced to breath other peoples smoke and she basically threw my room keys at me.
When I went to my car to discuss our situation with my family, there were two employees
smoking away right on the front steps--you literally had to step between them to get in the door.
While the fault may lie with Hotels .com --this hotel stinks of smoke--so I will avoid it like the plague and I advise anyone who wants fresh air to avoid it as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Newark - Christiana. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we try as hard as we can to accommodate all non-smoking room requests. Clearly this was regrettable in that we could not fulfill your request.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was looking for something that my money would like to spend. I found this hotel by
calling and I was speaking to a lady that was very helpful and gave me a great price.
The hotel was very clean and neat. Nothing was out of place in the room. I really enjoyed this hotel. My husband said, that this will be our hotel when every we go to
Delware in which is 4 times a year. They need to have more of these hotel in areas.

Room Tip: If I were looking for a room I would want in the room everything that this hotel has to offer in my room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Newark - Christiana. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.