“excellent pick”

Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Excellent service, accomodations and price. The Newark, Delaware location is newly renovated and well worth the stay if you are traveling in the area. It is also pet friendly, with no additional charge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael V
There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a recent business trip. The rooms have recently been renovated with hardwood floors, dark furniture, and new bathrooms. It was nicer than I’d expected – clean, quiet, and safe. A few notes: First, I stayed in a “superior” king room – there was free wifi and in-room coffee. I’m not sure if the other rooms had wifi, but guests in those rooms would have to go to the hotel lobby to get free coffee. Second, the air conditioner had two settings (off and on), and when it was on, the room was frigid. Fine for me, but not for everyone. Finally, the hotel is on a side street just off of Stanton-Christiana – if you’re coming south from NJ and exit onto Stanton-Christiana from I-95, you have to cross three lanes of traffic very quickly in order to turn left onto the side street. It’s tricky and potentially dangerous. I suggest going past the left turn and turning around further down Stanton-Christiana road. The hotel is adjacent to a Chili’s restaurant (walk across a parking lot) and close to a major mall. There’s also a great Tex-Mex restaurant nearby (it even has an old-school “Eat” sign out front) – it’s not a chain, and the food is awesome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bassplayer55
Reviewed August 27, 2012

the rooms are very very clean and worth the price.(cheapest i found that day}
the staff was very very friendly and helpful. i felt like i was at a 5 star hotel. pleasant stay and if i do go back again, thats definitely the place to stay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AbuAnas19
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We also stayed there for one night on during our trip to Virginia. I booked this because it was really cheap in comparison to the other hotels in the area, not expecting much at all.

After the so-so welcome we got at the front desk, girlfriend and I were really surprised about the cleanliness of the rooms and how great the room looked with all the new furnitures. We had a king size bed that was extremely comfortable. The Wi-Fi worked with no hustle, great flat tv. It is true that the room was very small though, but since we were just stopping over, it didn't bother us at all.

Our only problem was that the second floor reek of cigarette smoke so bad and that's one odour that we just can't stand. It disgusted us every time we went up to the room. Good thing thought, it didn't smell at all in the room. Also, It was a bit hard to get to.

Other than that, an overall great overnight stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank waves086
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We've stayed here for one night during our east coast trip. The hotel is conveniently located just off the I 95 S. They have recently remodeled rooms, although the bathroom is really small. We felt safe there and it was quiet in the night so we slept well. It was extremely clean hotel. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Owieca
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I quit smoking 7 years ago and actually had a headache from the stinch of cigarette smoke. When looking in the bathroom, it looked ok until I got out of tub and noticed the far side of toilet was not cleaned. I can't stand it that there are cigarette holes in the bedspreads...for goodness sake throw them out and purchased better. I do not complain, (I leave that up to my husband) but that was nasty and I had to say something. they appologized but did nothing else for us. First impressions are everything Red Roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Candis C
Benjaman C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I am so sorry to hear your stay was so unpleasent. Our new rooms are 100% smoke free and we enforce our non-smoking policies, and although we cannot stop guests from smoking in the rooms it is our responsibilty to ensure all of our rooms are returned to a fresh, neutral odor with no evidence of prior guests- especially an unpleasent smoke odor and cigarette burns, as well as completely clean rooms. I would very much like to apologize and speak with you personally to Thank You for your review and the information to help us improve our product and our Service- Ben Cummins, General Manager 302-292-2870

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The rooms are great very clean and well worth the price. Great location a little off the beaten path makes it seem secluded. The staff particularly Elise is worth the stay! She is always so welcoming and friendly. Very professional.

• Stayed: August 2012