“Home away from home”

Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I moved away from Delaware but still come back often to visit my friends and Fiance Luis. My Fiance and I were looking for a place to stay that would be like home but would still be affordable. The Red Roof Inn Wilmington was comfortable, affordable and the customer service received from Elise and Cheryl was EXCEPTIONAL!!! This will officially be our home away from home when we come to visit Delaware.

Luis Bultron and Joan Messina

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank joanbultron

Reviewed April 4, 2011

I rarely write reviews about hotels (in fact this is my 3rd review) but I definitely wanted to say something nice about the Red Roof in Newark DE. I was traveling for work and usually stay at Comfort Inn, but this time my company suggested the Red Roof and I figured I would check it out. I was happy with everything. I had a great price and a wonderful night's rest. The bed was extremely comfortable. I did need extra towels though and the girl at the front desk, Sheryl, was very helpful. She brought extra towels to me and was very pleasant. I had a 2nd floor room, which I had to climb stairs, but this was very worth it to me since the price was nice. Thank you Red Roof Inn - I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank JessieNYC_11
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I had been traveling since 6 am and arrived at 7pm. The sign on the freeway said rooms from $39. So, I pulled in to this practically empty hotel. I ordered a room and she said that will be $69 plus tax. I said what about the $39 deal? She said that was the weekly rate and said she'd sell it to me for $59. I'm too tired to argue and find another place. She puts me on the 3rd floor. Red Roofs' email blast said they were giving away cake and bonus points for Fat Tuesday. They gave me a tiny sliver of cake not even enough to eat so I gave it to the birds. The room doesn't have a fridge, coffee maker, and it had so much pet deodorant smell in the room it made me sick. Also, I noticed that she charged me $1.50 to use a safe I didn't even ask for. The ice machine is on the bottom floor on the other end of the building. There was trash in the elevator. There where long black hairs in my bathtub. There was a hair barrette on the dresser. The room obviously had not been cleaned thoroughly. The night manager was extremely rude to me and I will never stay at another Red Roof Inn as long as I live.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank SolarTiger
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Hotel was a bit hard to find but ample parking spaces available as soon as we got there. The room was of a decent size and had two double beds in it but it obviously hadn't been cleaned. The carpet was filthy and the sheets clearly not changed from the previous people as we found many hairs, makeup and general dirt on them. Went to the front desk to ask the bed sheets to be changed and was instead moved to a different room only to find it in the same condition.
Positives: cheap, quiet area, easy to sleep, felt relatively safe.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I always find finding opinions on this level of accomodation difficult. At this price range it does the job intended but at the same time you *always* want more out of it.

We were given a smoking room - it stank to high heaven - but we were given fair warning at check in. To enter the Red Roof in Wilm. you have to negotiate a few twists and turns, not as intuitive as you might imagine coming off a main road. You can see it off the main road, getting to it takes a little patience. Having said that being a little further back from the main road means that you can't hear the traffic. We had a room facing away from that side of the building.

The room, a little tired but with an industrial sounding air conditioner (very welcome in July) . There's not much to say about motel rooms, either you pony up the extra and stay somewehere else or you can rough it for a night - hence the price.

At that price it does the job - I shouldn't complain, though I always do.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2010

The place was clean but nothing special. We were uneasy by several people hanging around the parking lot. Also watch your checkout receipt, I noticed a $1.50 was add as a “convenience charge” for use of safe. Even though that is not a big amount, when I questioned the charged it was removed. I wonder how many “convenience charges” they have collect from guest not review their receipt

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KC4444
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Was a very disgusting room with uncomfortable beds. Manager uncooperative when ask about refund of nights i did not stay. would NEVER stay there again or recommend

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business