“Nice, quiet hotel”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Newark
ohio
“Nice, quiet hotel”
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We spent one Sunday night here. Our room was very nice, new furniture, bedding, and it had a fridge and microwave. It was a little on the small side, but for two people it was fine. The bathroom also was small and not quite as up-to-date as the rest of the building, i.e. the lobby. The free continental breakfast they provided was very good and lots of copies of US Today available to read.

My only complaint is their business center. I'm not sure if they call it that. It was two computers and one printer in the lobby. I was in town for a presentation, and wanted to print my power point slides the night before. The computers didn't have powerpoint! They had word and excel, but it wouldn't let me even download a program to just view my slides. And using the computer was very cumbersome, as you had to switch back and forth from the actual program to a main page. Maybe this is common at some hotels. When I did try to print a few other things, the printer was almost out of ink, so everything came out too light. I didn't bother mentioning this to the front desk, since I couldn't print what I really needed.

The next morning I called down to the front desk to ask if they had any computers which had powerpoint. The guy at the desk said he didn't, but the manager would be in later, and he could check his laptop, if not he would find out where the closest Kinko's was. When I came down to the front desk, the manager did not have powerpoint, but the guy behind the desk had the directions to Kinko's ready to go. I went there and printed my slides, and the presentation went fine.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Erin P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2006

Nov. 13, 2006. I stayed in this hotel for one night. I gave the hotel 4 stars because it was in much better shape than most of the other Hpmgton Inn's I have visited. It appeared to have been recently renovated. The hallways, lobby and room were very well maintained.I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Looks recently renovated
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple