Comfort Inn and Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$138
Homewood
$134
$159
Courtyard
All reviewsflavored creamersyogurtusa todaychoice hotelsquiet locationstores and restaurantsrefrigerator and microwaveanyone travelingup to datebreakfast areachristiana malleasy accessdefinitely stay here againhard boiled eggsthe staff was friendly and helpfulfree breakfastking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had a recent experience in a Comfort Inn that was really Wonderful ! We stayed in Newark Delaware and the Comfort Inn hotel was Outstanding ! But most of all the staff was marvelous,courteous and we are still talking about this place.Usually you stay at an Inn and days later always have some kind of negative remark to say,not this place. We stay at Comfort Inns a lot and they are the best !!So If you want to go to a five stat hotel go to the Comfort Inn Newark Delaware.We are going back once the snow melts !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Rodney P, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

I can't thank you enough for the heartfelt comments describing your experience at the Comfort Inn & Suites. We look forward to your return and thanking you in person.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Accommodations, employees, service, and good (free) breakfast are all in the upper category of a moderately priced hotel. You will not be disappointed! We stayed here when it first opened as a new hotel and it still has that newness associated with rugs, fixtures, furniture, lamps and it is spotlessly clean. Perfect overnight location if you're travelling to Washington DC after driving all day. It's about a two hour drive to DC, or less to Annapolis from here. Also slightly further if you're heading to New York, and yet it's not far from Philadelphia. This is a perfectly suited location between three geographically significant cities. If you're in the area touring the Dupont estates and museums, or visiting the U. of Delaware, it's worth staying here for a few days or a week if needed.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking and nicely finished.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Donald A
Rodney P, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Donald, thank you for sharing such a great review of our hotel. I would also like to thank you for mentioning the Comfort Inn's location and it's proximity to well known travel destinations. Again, thank you for the positive comments and I will share them with all employees and department managers.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference in Philly. I looked for a hotel too late and everything in Philly was too expensive, booked up, etc. My usual go-to hotels were not available so I chose this hotel based on good TA reviews. It's right off I-95 so really convenient to traveling. Seems like the rooms were recently renovated. Bathroom had a nice granite sink and shower was nice. Bedding was comparable to Hampton Inn. Bed was comfy, lots of TV channels to watch, nice desk space to work, a fridge/microwave in the room is bonus!! Staff was amazing to accommodate when I needed to fax a document in a hurry. As a female traveling alone, I also asked about the secure-ness of the door/deadbolt since I couldn't figure out how to lock it at first. They walked me to my room to show me how it worked which was really nice.

I did have an issue connecting to WIFI, but seemed like everyone in the building was that night. I called the help desk and issue was resolved.

Free breakfast was nice, but it wasn't anything to write home about. Hot stuff was just OK. Having cereal, fruit, yogurt type was stuff was nice. 24 hour coffee/tea bar is great.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Rodney P, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

We greatly appreciate your positive review concerning the Comfort Inn and Suites. The opportunity to provide safe and comfortable accommodations for our guests is important. Thank you for bringing to my attention items that need tweaking. Every effort will be made to correct these issues. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I could not have been more impressed with this hotel and staff. I arrived around 3:30 am Saturday morning and the gentleman at the front desk was so pleasant. The lobby is so inviting and well maintained. The next big wow was the bedroom...extremely clean and up to date. I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness and I had no issues here. Beautiful and comfortable beds with mounds of pillows...and the best part? No smelly yucky comforter but topped with fresh and clean linens. A very nice breakfast with extremely nice and friendly staff. I could not have been more pleased!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Martha L
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I travel quite a bit and get to see many, many hotels. Rarely do I see a place that is this clean & nice, this up to date, this well run and at this price. People, if you are in this neck of the woods looking for a place to stay, make it this place. The rooms are good sized, well furnished and attractive, clean and comfortable. The hotel is very close to a nearby mall, where access to shopping and dining options are very good. The free breakfast is above average as free breakfasts go. We rested well here during our travels and will return again, as we frequent this route.

Stayed: November 2013