“Very good clean hotel. I would definitely stay again.”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Beaacon
“Very good clean hotel. I would definitely stay again.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Annie of MA

Hello Folks!
Well I'm very hard to please when it comes to staying in hotels these days. Why? Because I really do fear those Ugly BED BUGS. I took days to make sure I check this website and Bed Bugs Registry.com ( another Very Good report website) to find out which hotels has NEVER had a report of those discussting creatures. Well, This one passed with flying colors. Very clean. Very well organized and nice staff. My friend and I was very comfortable at this hotel. I still checked the mattress and the bed skirt, draws and all that stuff and everything was spotless. I did find a few strands of hair at the very top of the mattress when I pulled it away from the wall. But there was no BUGS!!! I thank God that I took the time to look so hard. Believe me folks it's worth it.
My friend and I was able to sleep and be comfortable in our beds and not on edge. I really enjoyed my one night stay. I stayed at New Castle, Delaware's Quality inn and suites and I seen Bed Bugs underneathe the pillows. When I complained about it, they told me it was reported.
A few days later I called to make sure the manager knew that there was a problem. She had no idea of any report at all. That means someone could have checked in that same room the next day. It's one thing to have them, but to hide them is unforgiveable for a hote. But this hotel, very nice place. There's a supermarket and a few restaurants near by. Most of all, NO history of BED BUGS and it's clean!!!!!!!!!! I know people are human and they cannot meet every guest satisfaction, but some do try and I think this hotel is one of those who are trying. It's not a cheap hotel, but it was worth the money.

Enjoy your 2013 summer folks!

Room Tip: Well, my room face the left side of the front entrance. if that means anything. Like I said earlier...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank caramelbeauty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brookline
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here as a stop over point between VA Beach and NYC to break up the drive. It was a great solution for our needs. We had intended to get their earlier in the day to take advantage of their pool but ended up leaving VA later than expected so had to forego the swimming. The hotel itself was very comfortable and clean (which I really like). The service was also very good. The staff was quite friendly and were very happy to mail me something that I accidentally left behind. I would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Traveling down to North Carolina for the week, we got stuck in 3 hours of traffic between the Connecticut line and the New Jersey line. So, we decided to pick a random (nice sounding) hotel in a state we've never stayed in. So, Delaware seemed like the perfect choice. The price for our hotel was quite good, especially since we were just arriving that night. The manager, Aisha, was super helpful with choosing restaurants and made us feel welcome. The rooms were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. I'd be glad to refer this easily accessible hotel to anyone traveling down I-95.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Niskayuna
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was our second stay here coming back from our annual summer vacation in the south. Our experience has been that the Comfort name can be unreliable, but this hotel is first-rate. Completely renovated in 2011, it is new, clean, quiet, and refreshing after a long day's drive. The staff is remarkably friendly and helpful, offering suggestions for restaurants or anything else we might need. The pool is clean and has beautiful landscaping, plenty of pool towels, and nice chairs, loungers, and umbrellas. Breakfast is typical but fine. The rooms are super clean and fresh, and all have fridges and microwaves. There is an abundance of restaurants close by. I highly recommend this hotel, and will be back next summer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Appomattox, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our reservations were for 2 adults and 2 kids, King Room, with pull-out sofa. The first time we stayed at this hotel was good, with a room that actually had foot room. This "pull-out sofa" was a twin-sized bed, for 2 kids to sleep in--ridiculous. When the pull out was pulled out, there was room to squeeze sideways to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. We had the air on from our "early" check in time of 2:45 (15 min early) and by 11 pm it finally got down to 70 degrees. When my husband called the desk (at 10 when we came back in from a graduation celebration) to say it wasn't working, they questioned him about having the thermostat set too low. No offers were made to change rooms or make us more comfortable. If you don't trust your guests to know how to use a thermostat, don't put one in a room. Use the simple, blue and red. We keep it cold to sleep, at 68. The refrigerator wasn't working, and was instead making an incessant clicking noise all night long. Worse than a drippy faucet! I am definitely not a satisfied customer and will not be re-visiting this hotel. In the past, we have been very satisfied with our stays at clarion hotels, but I just don't know that I'll take this type of chance again. For the price, it was not worth the aggravation.

Room Tip: Find a room at a different hotel, and if they offer you room 332, DON'T STAY!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cherylb69
Breezy Point, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My son and i spent a night there while visiting the University of Delaware. We found the hotel to be very clean and the front desk staff competent. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were spotless. Check in and check out was fast. When visiting the Newark area make sure Comfort Inn and Suites is at the top of your list of hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have never been disappointed with this property. If I had the time I could sleep for more than 10 hours in those beds. The hotel is very clean from top to bottom, and the excellent customer service is always refreshing.

Room Tip: All the room have great beds.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business