Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsevening receptioncooked to order breakfasttgi fridayscomplimentary breakfastomeletfootball stadiumliving areacocktail hourgraduation weekendthe hotel stafffitness centerbreakfast staffvery nice hotelindoor poolmain streethome away from homefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2014

As a frequent traveler to the Newark / Wilmington area I have had occassion to stay at nearly every nice hotel around. The Embassy Suites provides the best location for my work and offers the best service and amenities. While I wouldn't argue about the quality of service at some other fine hotels nearby, I prefer the rooms at the Embassy because of their convenient layout. I stay here several times each year and they have consistently maintained their excellent service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I would surely like to recommend this hotel as it offers a great ambience and good amenities. The complimentary breakfast has a good spread and the evening reception at the beautiful lobby area is very relaxing. Also they provided shuttle pick-up and drop to my office which was very convenient as i did not have to drive in snow. Overall a great package.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over President's Day weekend. Our room was fine when we arrived. The first day it was partially serviced, but dirt glasses were neither removed or replaced. The second day it was not serviced at all. We returned to the room at about 9:00 PM. My wife went to the desk to complain and their solution was to hand her a pile of clean towels. Later they came up with a few still warm clean glasses. No apology and no service was offered. Snow removal was awful with many spaces unusable because of no snow removal. The parking lot was an icy mess at night. This is a nearly $200 a night hotel and such poor service and poor snow removable is inexcusable. We are in the area regularly but we will not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I like Embassy hotels, however, I find this one below average compared to others. Depending on who is at the desk, you will have a much different experience. Either friendly, "Embassy-style" greeting and service or "I don't want to be here and why are you in front of me" service. As other reviewers have noted, room cleaning is below standard. The breakfast is very good and the star is the cook at the grill. Kudos to him for a positive, upbeat, attitude!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, overall pretty standard Embassy Suites, the lobby appeared to be recently renovated, but also oddly sparse. My room had not been updated, and the bathroom was pretty dated. Cleanliness, which I have noticed other commenters remark on, was an issues and I noticed "red spattering" in the shower near the curtain rod. I immediately thought of the "Scarface" scene, but figured if it was real blood it wouldn't have been the cherry red color I saw.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business