“5 stars plus Great 1-95 location”

Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South November 2013. We stayed on HH Diamond Reward-Great location right off I-95.We have stayed and will continue in the future to stay at Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South. My first comment I would like to make regarding the hotel is inviting beautiful pristine expansive open looking lobby (utilized for lounging, evening reception/breakfast and receptions) The minute I/we arrive inside the lobby my first thoughts are luxury awaits. The reception staff are extremely professional-friendly and accommodating. Upon entering your reserved hotel suites the smell of cleanliness/freshness is a positive invitation to me. The room amenities are -from furnishings/kitchen appliances /closet/ storage/high quality linens and bedding all combined to make your stay a luxurious relaxing inviting home away from home. The evening reception is definitely a plus-an assortment of hips/fresh veggies/cheeses/dips plus beverages/Breakfast is your choice of continental -hot & cold plus a Omelet station for your personally choice of ingredients (made to order) Plenty of hot coffee/teas and juices. I/we definitely recommend-Added feature is the TGIF Restaurant entrance is located conveniently within the lobby

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 29, 2013

always a good experience. Have used this hotel several times and will continue to use it. Great breakfast. I see improvement over past years, particularly in the food served at our event. The attached Friday's restaurant was a little slow, but other than that the stay was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013

good quality for a business hotel. well equipped rooms , good quality bed , easy going atmosphere. nice to have a swimming pool. the fitness room is a bit small. We had a catered group dinner with excellent crab cakes

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have never...no NEVER been disappointed with the service I have received with your hotels. I have recommended your services to many friends and my church. I have been in several states and the service is consistently Excellent. I commend your efforts and work ethic along with you great service to your customers. I thank you. Ms. Vern Williams

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Poor customer service and bathroom had patched up work to the wall which was an eye sore also concerns of cleanliness in the bathroom. Front desk need to have etiquette and customer services skills again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Shenita F
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great Hotel with the breakfast and evening reception. Plus TGI Fridays just down the hall. Worked out great and close to my office. The staff was really nice and directed me to any of the items I needed. i.e. I needed a headset and the gave me directions to a close Best buy. Also, I was looking for good seafood and they showed me local spot to go, which I did and loved it!

A TripAdvisor Member
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I secured a room with two queens, one for me, one for my daugher, or at least that's what I thought. When I got to the room, I pulled the sheets back on the bed only to find that in one of the two beds, the hotel had not changed the sheets from the last guest. The bed had body hair throughout the sheets from the waist level to the feet. As well, there were also "other" body hairs all over the pillow casings and on the sheets up by the headboard. At 10:00 p.m. I called down to the front desk only to be told that there was no one there that could bring me clean sheets, or make up a new bed. As the hotel was booked, there were also no other rooms to stay in. Very gross!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family