“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Annapolis
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I just got back from another business trip to the Newark area and I wanted to write about my experience at the Embassy suites. I actually travel to Newark monthly for business and I set up a lot of sales meetings in that area for my company. I was recently turned on to the Embassy suites by a local employee, and I've been really happy with the hotel.

First off, I always look for info on the fitness center. They've just opened their renovated room, and it's really nice for a hotel this size. It's got 2 brand new eliptical machines, 2 new treadmills, a bike, and free weights and medicine balls. Everything's extremely clean (you'd think since it's brand new), and the cardio machines all have their own tv's.

Both times I've stayed this month, the service at the front desk allowed me to check out late so that I could continue to work from my room. They didn't have to and I really appreciated it.

My room was very nice and clean, and there were 2 bottles of water waiting for me in the fridge when I checked in. Internet access is also free for hilton honors members (in the rooms).

Finally, the complimentary breakfast has a ton of options and the ladies that work there are extremely friendly and willing to help out. The cook was even singing while he made the omlettes! It seems like everyone that works there is very happy.

I'd highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in the Newark area.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank JChapma
Embassy_GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South, responded to this review, July 26, 2008
Thank you very much for your kind comments, we love to hear from our guests and what their experiences have been like. I will be sure to share your observations and feedback with all of our associates.

In our business it all starts with happy associates, and I am proud of my team and their overall spirit to make a difference for all of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to having you back in Newark.

Bill Silva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Maryland
Reviewed June 17, 2008

I recently dropped my son off at college and stayed overnight at Embassy Suites Newark-Wilmington South. I am a Starwood Preferred Guest and always stay at either the Westin or Sheraton on their club levels. I took a chance staying at this property because it was conveniently located between the college and my home. I have stayed at Starwood properties in Pittsburg, Philadelphia, New York City, and Dallas Texas in the past 4 months. This hotel was by far the most pleasant experience I have had. I was met in the lobby by Michael Cinderella the PM Manager, who greeted me warmly, and even escorted me to my room. All of the staff were among the most courteous I have seen. Mr. Cinderella was the most attentive manager I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Being attached to a TGIFriday's, and using them for room service, my dinner was reasonably priced and delicious. The complimentary full breakfast was wonderful, and the dining room attendant had my orange juice poured and waiting before I could get to the table. I could not give this hotel a higher rating. I will stay here each time I go to visit my son at college. I am a very discerning traveler, and not easy to please, but they impressed me. The warm brown and sage green furnishings were very attractive. Give them a try. I'm sure you will find them an outstanding property that deserves recognition for their efforts.

• Liked — outstanding customer service
  • Disliked — computers in business center did not work
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Portland Maine
Reviewed June 2, 2008

From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with friendly faces and a superb staff. The rooms were very clean, the cooked to order breakfast was delicious, perhaps one of the top Embassy breakfasts yet!

I stay at many Hilton Family hotels, mainly Embassy Suites, and I have yet to ever have a bad experience! The staff at the Embassy Suites Newark makes you feel welcome, its like you are coming home from a busy day at the office! They welcome you into their "house" as if you were a guest in their real homes!

Thanks again to the excellent staff! This hotel truly has the "BE HOSPITABLE" foundation of Hilton Hotels perfected! THANKS!

• Liked — cleanliness, friendliness
  • Disliked — it gets loud at night with the atrium, but not a huge issue
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank ATCGUY1984
delaware
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Attended a wedding reception there, nice atmosphere, food & staff were very pleasant & quick. Rooms are very spacious & clean & the beds are extremely comfortable.

• Liked — spacious rooms
  • Disliked — pillows need to be alittle more comfortable
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Embassy_GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South, responded to this review, May 20, 2008
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your experience at Embassy Suites Newark / Wilmington South. Our staff loves to hear back from our guests, and appreciates your feedback.

Being a part of somebody's wedding experience is special for us, knowing that you never get second chance to make it perfect! I greatly appreciate your feedback, and will be sure to share it with my team.

Yours in Hospitality,

Bill Silva
Southeast USA
Reviewed May 5, 2008

I've never been a huge fan of Embassy Suites (all around) as I don't like the design of the rooms and the huge inside courtyard can be noisy.

But this Embassy is fine. Rooms are clean, great breakfast, manager's reception (beer/wine/food) on weeknights.

Very convenient location.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — The layout of the rooms
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2008

This is a terrific hotel. I picked it because I was traveling with my kids, and we fit well in the suite-style rooms. But the whole place has a more up-scale feel than I expected. The staff, the pool, the breakfast -- we all loved it.
And it's connected to a TGIFridays, which, with the kids and all, was convenient and fun.

I only stayed one night, so I can't attest to everything. And the hotel isn't anywhere near the quainter parts of Newark or the heart of the university. But I'll be lucky to find a place this nice next time the family travels.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed February 12, 2008

My wife and I visited here the week of New Years Eve and was our first stay here. Excellent property and Staff was very helpful. It is a great area weather was in 50's first 3 days and then got colder so we were able to visit some local state parks. Also visited Longwood Gardens and the Delaware State Natural History Museum.
Food was very good we had the cook to order breakfast and attached to hotel is TGIF which was very good because we came back late some nights and they were still open.

Stayed January 2008