“Wedding reception....”

Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My son had his reception here at the Embassy Suites in Newark, Delaware on June 17th 2011. I can't begin to tell you how excellent the set-up was and the people involved were always helpful. We stayed at the hotel the night of June 17th and were really impressed with the spacist rooms. Very comfortable with plenty of space.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
gmnewde, General Manager at Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

WOW, I sincerely thank you for this wonderful review. It means a lot to everyone here to be a part of your special day. Our team takes a great deal of pride in the level of service and delivering on every detail, especially for weddings. Your feedback is very valuable and will be shared with our staff.

Bill Silva

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recently booked two rooms to bring in New Year at this hotel. Check -in was fast and the front desk help was very polite. The lobby was beautiful especially with the Christmas and New Years Eve decorations. Our party enjoyed the free happy hour for all guest between 5:30 -7:30 along with the TGI Fridays restaurant that was connected to the hotel. There were a couple of weddings taking place in different banquet rooms that evening. We all ended up mingling with the wedding parties and brought in the New Year with the hotel staff (they even had a projection screen showing the ball dropping at midnight). The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also excellent (especially the omelet to order). I would recommend this hotel to everyone interested.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had a very great stay at the Embassy Suites in July 2011. The next day we had a tour at UD. The hotel is easily off I-95 and parking is fine. The lobby of the hotel is beautiful with fountains and is well lit. The rooms were great and clean; with new flat screen TV’s. The pull out sofa bed was also clean and the furniture was in good condition. The beds were comfy and the TV quality was great. The bathroom was also clean but could be updated (my only complaint). Breakfast was an extreme value and tasty, for a family of five that would cost around $50 elsewhere most likely. On the menu were amazing omelettes, and other hot foods like pancakes, bacon, etc. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I ended up booking 5 rooms for family because of an unexpected death in the family right before Chirstmas. We had a reservations at another hotel, but because the price dropped as the holiday's neared, Embassy became affordable. I got what I asked for in rooms and they were the usual. The entire staff was great but the food service staff was really outstanding. Both for breakfast and cocktail hour, they were very accomodating with our moving tables and chairs and hanging out talking for extended periods. The breakfast cook was very personable.
One of our rooms had to move because about 8 nine year olds checked into the room next door. But there were no problems changing rooms and they apologized. When a hotel is more than half empty, I don't understand why they can't alternate rooms rather than putting everyone right next to each other.
I added another room just two days before Christmas and the price had dropped again so it pays to keep checking this time of year.

Room Tip: I like top floor rooms as they are generally quieter. In this hotel there are huge fans in the top s...
Reviewed December 26, 2011

My in-laws live in Newark, so I usually have a free place to stay, but these room make me want to stay here again (no offense to the in-laws). All of the rooms are all true 2 room suites with a real door, with a sofa/couch in "upper room", refrig, microwave and two TVs (oh yeah free wi-fi). The free breakfast is the best I have seen in any hotel, and they have a Happy Hour with drinks and snacks in the evening. Also it is connected to the TGIF and the full menu is available for room service. Indoor pool and jacuzzi, what else could you want. Also, this hotel is within walking distance to U of D football stadium.

The only thing I can complain about is that the "upper room" near the hallway where I slept (sofa/couch) has thin walls, and there was much traffic outside my room since it was near the elevator. The actual bedroom which is in the back part of the room was VERY QUIET. Awesome place.

1  Thank NorthCarolina621
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We were in town for a funeral. We got a suite, which was nice because we could put our kids in the other room with their own TV and shut the door, and my wife and I could have some quiet time or watch the other TV. The two TVs was nice.

Breakfast was also excellent. I've never stayed at a hotel where I could have something cooked to order, and it was good!

Being in town for a funeral, it was nice to be able to focus on that, and not be distracted by the accomodations.

1  Thank hamiltzp
Reviewed December 2, 2011

A top notch business hotel, with very large and comfortable 2 room suites, comfortable beds, plenty of room to spread out and work, and an outstanding breakfast included in the rate. There is a Friday's restaurant connected to the hotel as well. I didn't need much service, but the front desk was very helpful at check-in when my first room was in front of the elevators and they immediately switched me to another room after I requested this.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
gmnewde, General Manager at Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thanks for the great feedback! I will be sure to share this with our team and we truly appreciate your review of your experience! We look forward to seeing you back in Newark soon.

Warmest regards,