“"Great Choice"”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 384 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at Center Pointe Plaza just off Rt. 95. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We enjoyed our meal and loved the hint of smoke that fills the air. I had the Blue Cheese Burger and my Wife had the Firebirds Chicken Pasta, we loved every mouthful.Our waiter was very attentive, and we had a nice selection to choose from.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have been to this Firebirds on a few different occasions. Every time it has been amazing. I always get the Filet Mignon and it is as soft as chewing a marshmallow. And the taste..... ohhhh, the taste. Just amazing! The service is always excellent. Get the onion ring appetizer. Very good. Can't wait until Valentine's Day and we are going again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stopped by for lunch and had a good experience. Nice selection to choose from with a mix of salads, sandwiches, burgers and entrees. You can add grilled salmon, shrimp, beef tenderloin to your salad for a reasonable price. Waitstaff is attentive and they have sufficient staff on the floor to ensure your drinks are refreshed and the tables are covered adequately. On a prior visit for dinner, I was impressed with the ribeye steak. I prefer less salty foods, and find that many restaurants tend to get heavy handed with the salt. I do recall that the ribeye steak I had on my last visit was a bit over-seasoned and the grilled salmon I added to my ceasar salad on this visit was just a bit over seasoned for my taste. If you are like me with regards to the salt, I would suggest having them go easy on the dishes that may be prone to the added salt. Otherwise, the food is excellent and reasonably priced for the quality.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have visited Firebirds at least a dozen times and I have to say the food is consistently good. Service is usually decent and fast especially when bringing the drink orders. Prices are reasonable considering the fine quality of the beef. If I had to choose between Firebirds and Sullivan’s Steakhouse, I would take Firebirds hands down… Everything at Sullivan’s is ala carte but at Firebirds dishes have sides included. And my last steak at Sullivan’s was chewy.. and I paid $7.00 for an order of so so mashed potatoes…

My only bad experience at Firebirds was a few years ago when six of us went after work. Most of the group trickled in over the course of an hour. We had already talked to the hostess earlier and told her we wanted a table for six. Since it was early she told us no problem there were plenty of tables. After the group was finally assembled I went to the hostess who then told me there would be a 20 minute wait which stretched to over an hour. Her story was that they did not have any large tables available that were once empty. She knew we were waiting and never came over to suggest we get our butts in gear! And we were sitting 20 feet away from her in the bar!

I suggested putting two small tables together as they were emptying out from time to time.. This apparently was a concept alien to her. (I do not think they pay the hostess much over minimum wage) So by this time I wanted to shove the little buzzer thing they give you while you wait, somewhere that I cannot repeat in what is a family viewed web site…After over an hour and a half wait, we left and went two doors down to Pot Stickers and were promptly seated and made a meal of dumplings. Not quite Firebirds but by then I was more steamed than the dumplings.and hungry. But a few months later we returned and this time, put our name in early and got the little buzzer thing..All is good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been there several times and never had bad meal. From delicious salmon to tasty chicken but I have to say the Prime is Fine. Yes there have been times when we had to wait but the service and meal makes up for it. My wife says it's has the best carrot cake in town. Firebirds is Wazzup!