“BLT off the Chain”

Shellhammer's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 377 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located just minutes off I-95 and several are hotels, Shellhammer's is a warm comfortable place to enjoy lunch, brunch or dinner. Happy Hour is always jumping with awesome everyday specials.
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Shell hammer Virgin and I love it Great BLT
Thanks again Amy was a wonderful host to this Southern Guy

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've lived around the corner from Shellhammer's for 8 years. Despite their coupon for free food that came in my welcome basket back in '05, I had never ventured in. A friend and I finally checked it out this past weekend - we were looking for somewhere to have dinner that was off the radar of St Patty's day revelers. This place is surprisingly classy and inviting inside - as others have said it's far from a typical strip mall bar and grill. I had their Band B burger and fries. As bar food goes it was decent. But the upscale-ish decor of this place makes you expect the food to be just a bit better prepared than it was - maybe it's just me. And I have to point out that my meal was a salt bomb - salty burger bun, very salty fries. I love salt on my food but that much even made me reach for the water. As for drinks, I didn't indulge but my friend had a Captain and Coke, which he didn't comment on so I guess it was well made. Nice, attentive waitress- we sat in the dining area. Overall, I would return, but a warning is definitely in order for those watching their sodium intake.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Has the casual, relaxed atmosphere of a good pub with food that's better than what you typically find in a pub. The beer list is extensive with a great variety represented. The service is friendly and knowledgeable. All in all, a great place for a relaxed meal.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We ventured to Shellhammers because we had received a buy 1 get 1 coupon in the mail. Thank goodness we did because this place was such a great change of pace. If you are tired of the normal rut you get into going out to eat then try this bar/restaurant. They have really unique menu items for any age. My 2 year old even enjoyed it! I had jerk chicken quesadillas and they were delicious. Don't forget to grab yourself a chocolate mint on your way out!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

If drinks and good food are on your mind...good spot. We were pretty surprised at how good the food was, and the service is charming.