“Amazing sushi and great service! ”
Review of Bamboo House

Bamboo House
Ranked #38 of 358 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Shippensburg, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing sushi and great service! ”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I took my car to pep boys and had 2 hours to kill. So I walked around the crappy shopping center and realized a lot of people were coming into this restaurant. After ordering some sushi I know why. The food is great and everyone was very friendly. It's worth the price for sure. All you have to do is look past the rundown shopping center and get something great to eat.

1 Thank Gijoe176

Wilmington, Delaware
“Walnut Shrimp is Awesome”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My favorite dish at the Bamboo House is their Walnut Shrimp. The Shrimp are large and lightly coated with a gluten free batter. The sauce that accompanies this dish is very tasty and the walnuts give a lovely texture.

• Visited March 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Best Chinese food outside of NY City and LA”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We organized a special occasion dinner here for a group of 7. We started with a boat of superb sushi (see picture). This was followed by the Chinese dishes served individually, there were 9 dishes including a seafood soup, shrimp, chicken, lamb, fish, vegetable, pork, beef, and duck. Every dish had its own superb and distinctive flavor. All of this for around $250 dollars.

• Visited May 2014
Newark, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The only chinese food & sushi I eat in Newark”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is my hands down favorite asian food restaurant. The fact that it always is crowded at lunch - especially with groups of chinese speaking diners speaks for itself. The lunch specials are the best way to go - soup, egg roll and a hot plate for $9.95 or 2 or 3 sushi roll or boxes - can't be beat. Their normal prices are a little higher, but for what you get, it's more than worth it to not be eating disgusting "chinese food". The General Tso's chicken is sweet but the best around, the Korean Beef is fantastic, the hot and sour soup is delicious, shrimp teriyaki is my friend's favorite, and the spicy tuna roll is always good. Their Bamboo Roll is also one of my favorites - but as a specialty roll, it's huge. One of them is pretty much all I need (although sometimes I'll sneak a spicy tuna as well). So far the only complaint I've had is that sometimes we had to wait if it was too crowded (not a bad sign), and sometimes the dishes we ordered were great separately but not in combination with each other (which is our own fault). So, no real complaints, I guess.

The decor is fine, music is never overwhelming, I only wish it was a bigger place!

• Visited December 2013
Dover, Delaware
“Most original”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Bamboo House makes the most original Chinese food i Delaware. Also, they are open when others are not..

It is interesting to note that the entire shopping center has suffered economic problems yet the Bamboo House has outlived them all. Must be good food

• Visited December 2013