“Never again - yuck!”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Delaware
“Never again - yuck!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I tried this restaurant based on the reviews here. I don't understand why so positive. We ordered (for takeout) the chicken teriyaki, wonton soup, various sushi, sauteed veggies and rice. First off, food was very pricey. Tasted sooooo bad. The teriyaki tasted nothing like teriyaki, and had a weird taste of ginger; the sushi was tasteless and the wonton in the soup was like eating thick wax paper. I do not understand what happened with the seasoning on this food - non existent. The sauteed vegetables had big chunks of garlic. I will NEVER eat here again. The most expensive gross food I have ever eaten. I should have skipped and patronized my local greasy spoon Japanese place instead.

• Visited June 2013

Princeton, New Jersey
“Very tasty Asian Restrurant in Delaware”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We were there the day before Mother's Day. The place is packed. It is very festive. We had a combination of sushi for start and a fried sea strip bass, egg plant dish, beef stir fried etc. every dish is excellent. The portions are good. The bill came out to be about $25 per person. The waitress told us they have Mother's Day Buffett the next day. Bon appetite

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and anxious to please”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have eaten here often in the last several years. The staff is generally very friendly, and wants you to enjoy your meal. The sushi is very fresh, and they have specials posted as you walk in. Hot pots are a specialty, and two of my sons love the Korean beef, while I pick a different dish every time. However, my son who attends UD prefers me to choose a dish that is easily heated up later for him! They have the option of brown rice, which I prefer, too. They also have a frequent purchaser card to let you get a free meal after a certain number of meals (sorry, my son keeps it, so I don't remember the number.) My oldest son went to summer pre-freshman college classes with their son at UD, and he would sometimes share sushi treats with the kids there. Convinced my son we had to go there, and maybe encouraged him to attend the college. Try it, By the way, the pic when I pulled up the reviews was incorrect. Bamboo House is actually in a strip mall near Radio Shack, KMart, and Pathmark with plenty of parking. The pic they show with the reviews is Mummy Bamboo House in Varkala.

• Visited February 2013
Virginia
“We always enjoyed our meals at Bamboo House”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We are frequent diners at Bamboo House. We always enjoyed our meals at Bamboo House. Food was great. Almost everything on the menu is a good choice. Service was good (not great). Owners are always around asking about your dining experience We will continue to go to Bamboo house..

• Visited January 2013
Newark
“Best chinese & japanese in DE”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great quality food! I've never had a bad meal here and prob eat there or get take out once a month. Love the orange chicken, duck, beef, japanese apps, sushi, etc...and the homemade chicken soup is really good (although I ask for mine with no cilantro). Prices are higher than some of the other places nearby but the quality of the food and the portion size makes it well worth it. They also have cards you can get punched to save down the line. I wish they would update the exterior- it is in a run down shopping center and needs a facelift bad. No idea what the picture above is but it's not the front of the restaurant. Service is excellent, owners are always there and remember everyone by name. I got catering from here once for work for about 100 people and was pleasantly surprised at how well they packaged everything up and the quantity of food. I do wish this place delivered - especially to local businesses.

• Visited December 2012