“Awful food....but it's cheap!”

Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet
Ranked #235 of 358 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Newark, DE
“Awful food....but it's cheap!”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I had high hopes for this place, not sure why, I guess it'd just be nice for one Chinese "Mega Buffet" to serve some edible food....is that too much to ask? Everything we ate was pretty dreadful.... this place makes Hometown Buffet seem excellent in comparison!
I sampled pretty much a bit of everything, and I honestly don't remember anything that was better than fair....I do remember that the sushi was especially poor. Add in a large crowd and mediocre staff and you really feel like you just threw your money down the toilet. The only positives are that it's cheap and the room is "interesting" in a kind of over the top way with mirrors, fountains and so on.

• Visited September 2010
3 Thank cleansteve2

Dover, Delaware
“Oriental Delight”
Reviewed December 11, 2010

My friend invited me for lunch and suggested HGSB. I rolled up to the restaurant, which is located in a shopping center, and was a little disappointed in the exterior. Then, I went. inside. Wow, what a contrast. The venue was bright, colorful, well appointed and squeaky clean with pleasant and attentive staff. The buffet was endless with an assortment of soups, appetizers, entree items that were fresh, flavorful, tasty and looked great too. I am not much of a buffet fan, but this place can make you a believer.

3 Thank William G

Been to Hibachi Grill and Supreme Buffet? Share your experiences!