“Elegant Victorian Atmosphere”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My friend and I had a wonderful experience eating at the British Bell Tea Room,It was like sitting down to tea in our grandmother's elegant victorian dining room,we were warmly greeted and the food was excellent!!!The gift shop is precious also.

1  Thank Marcia S

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been there 3 times. I will be going back! The food has always been excellent as well as the service. It would be nice if the place were larger (think: expand to the store and make the store smaller) to provide more flow for the waitstaff and the guests. It is beautifully appointed and cozy. I have gone with and without reservations and have been greeted politely each time. Give it a chance and then write your own review.

2  Thank Eileen R
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My daughter and I are frequent guests at the British Bell Tea Room. We like the coziness and ambiance. It is very relaxing to enjoy High Tea on a chilly afternoon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

A good friend took me here today for a birthday treat because I LOVE TEA. The tea room is tucked in the corner the People's Plaza Shopping center near the movie theatres. When you walk into the tea room there is a little gift shop with all kinds of little "tea" related gifts. We were greeted warmly and seated and the hostess asked if we had been before. She was very cordial and talked to us for a few minutes. We ordered the Pumpkin Spice Tea, a fall special, and it was delicious. I ordered my favorite...a strong English Breakfast and it was also very good. The room is decorated with antiques and different types of tables, china, and silverware. It felt very comfortable and cozy. I had the lobster bisque soup and it was very good. I had the chicken salad sandwich...yummy! For dessert we each got one of the special scones - lemon blueberry and cranberry orange. There was only one thing I could really comment negatively on....the staff in the kitchen and the waitresses could all be heard talking from the dining room even though they were in the kitchen. You could hear the noise of the food prepartion which took away from the lovely music playing. They really need some type of door to the kitchen to block the noise from coming in the dining room. We had a wonderful waitress who was very attentive and helpful. All and all it was a wonderful, relaxing experience. Note: My friend did have to call 2 weeks ahead to make the reservations. We had tried around my birthday and they were booked. Also, another treat....there is an upscale resale boutique in the shop now which is fun to browse through after you are done.

3  Thank LeilaniESVA802
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My girlfriends and I decided to try something different- High Tea. The atomsphere was very nice, felt like you were at Grandma's house. I noticed many open tables but the staff seemed to be stress out that one person in our party was running 10 minutes late. We wanted to relax, chat. and laugh but the only thing we laughed about was how rude the waitstaff was being towards our party. Listen, i get some places tend to be snotty but really, this place is in a strip mall. Loved the idea, the tea, and my friends- We not return, ever!

3  Thank mrs-worldwide-xo