“Best ribs rating in Delaware Today is well deserved”

JB Dawson's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 369 Restaurants in Newark
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At J.B. Dawson's, we strive for excellence in our food, service and atmosphere. Our high quality menu begins by... using the freshest ingredients, like our hand cut steaks, fresh ground hamburgers, fresh seafood and home made soups, sauces,dressings and desserts. Our high-energy team oriented approach allows you to meet many members of our friendly staff and ensures that you receive attentive and complete service. Our clean open kitchen and warm classic atmosphere are combined with our outstanding food and service to give you a truly enjoyable experience. Your satisfaction is our number one goal.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We've now eaten at JB Dawson's on three occasions. Each time there was a great experience. First time there was due to a $25 gift coupon mailing from them. Did not even know that they were located at the Mall. Subsequently read about them in Delaware Today rated for best Baby Back Ribs in Delaware. The service at JB's is excellent. Never had to wait to be seated or served. Although this may be due to timing since I've talked to others that had to wait to be seated because of the number of people. Have had two of their soup specials, tomato gazpacho and wild mushroom. Both were excellent. The Caesar salad was very good and not heavily seasoned with dressing. The prime rib was cooked as ordered and the 1/2 rack of Baby Back Ribs equaled the rating in Delaware Today. Sides of cinnamon apples, coleslaw, French fries and garlic whipped potatoes were portioned just right. Needless to say we'll be going back again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've been to J.B. twice before, and I've always liked their food. I've had good servers twice, and they were pretty friendly. I've never been there and had to wait. Other places in the mall are always crowded, and waiting isn't my favorite thing to do. I would def. go there again!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My daughter and I are both gluten intolerant. We were on a back to school shopping trip to the Christiana Mall. We ate lunch at J.B. Dawson's the first day and were thrilled to find that we could get hamburgers and grilled chicken on the most delicious gluten free buns we had ever tasted. The wait staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu and GF options. In addition they have a printed GF menu.

We enjoyed our first lunch so much that we returned the next day to have a shrimp, strawberry, pecan, and feta salad that was also out of this world. This restaurant is top notch and highly recommended!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food was good. Staff very attentive. we came with a large group.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Good food and beer. Service was spot-on. The menu was pretty good, with a wide variety. Atmosphere was a little dark, but, I liked it as opposed to a bright place.

Been to JB Dawson's Restaurant? Share your experiences!