“Fail”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 364 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The best grilled entrees and delicious Italian dishes are waiting for you at the BRIO Tuscan Grille Christiana Mall. Experience the flavors of Italy without leaving the country. Bringing the pleasures of the Italian country villa to Christiana Mall, our chef-inspired Tuscan grilled specialties, seafood, pasta, desserts, and many other Italian recipes are sure to tempt your palate. Check out our menu and make your reservations today. Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I don't know why we even try to eat in Italian restaurants after living in Italy. The restaurant was large and well decorated and had a nice atmosphere. Unfortunately, there was food and garbage under and around the floor of several tables. We ordered the bruschetta quatro, (pronounced brew-sketta not brew-shetta) it was extremely bland except for the over powering sweetness of the balsamic and saltiness of the mozzarella. My daughters kids cheese pizza was super hot but way undercooked. My dish, a mess of spaghetti and Italian sausage was dried out from siting in a pot all day had next to no flavor. Honestly it reminded me of the $2.00 microwaveable meals you get from the grocery store. My wife order the salmon, which was okay but they just plopped some mashed potatoes and obviously reheated frozen broccoli on her plate next to it. The funny part is that the waiter never once asked , "how is everything". I think he already knew the answer. The sad aprt is most part people don't really understand how low quality the food is in most chain restaurants. It mass produced at a factory somewhere then frozen for shipping, defrosted as doused with oil, butter, salt and what ever reheated sauce goes along with it. The quality of food is just really sad all over and I'm really tired of spending my hard earned cash on these microwavable meal quality foods. The food is just no great folks wake up and start demanding quality...

There are newer reviews for BRIO Tuscan Grille

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Ate here for the first time this past weekend. We were seated right away. The restaurant is quite large and looks nice. I forgot we were "at the mall".

The menu has a variety of good selections. Many things can be made vegetarian. I thought they were skimpy with the bread and butter. The warm plate for the butter is a nice touch. It is always nice to be offered more bread and butter even if you don't need it.

Entrees are very expensive considering the restaurant and location. Portions are filling. No salad or soup included. These items are a la carte. My wife and I did split a salad which was good. After our meal we were presented with a selection of desserts. When we asked how much they were, the server had no idea and had to consult a menu. I thought that was poor. Overall the service was not great. It definitely could be better. Our waters were refilled once and it was during dessert. We were never offered coffee, tea, cappuccino, or other beverage with dessert. The server was quick to offer another alcoholic beverage if I had wanted it during dinner.

I think we will try this place again given the convenient location. If the service suffers again that may be our last visit. Hopefully the food will come out of the kitchen faster and the server will be more attentive.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Even though the bad stigma attached to "mall restaurants" would typically keep me away, I always enjoy Brio with my family when we're in the area. Most recently, we had Dan M as our server, which isn't the first time, and as always, he and everything was excellent. The service is never intrusive, but we always leave feeling like we had a fun time and a wonderful experience, with the service being the highlight.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had lunch with a group. We had a relatively private area in the back that allowed us to spend time talking while enjoying our lunches. Great service with reasonably priced meals. They have the best after meal chocolate mints at the door. Great for fortifying yourself before shopping the mall.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have dined there several times. Always pleased. Lasagna out of this world. A large variety menu and desserts wow.....