“One of my Favorites for Seafood and Sushi”
Review of Blue Crab Grill

Blue Crab Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Crab Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 377 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elkton Road
Reviewed October 14, 2013

When I worked in the area we used this a lot as a place for business lunches. My wife and I also went there quite a bit for dinner. good seafood, good service, easy to park.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The decor and atmosphere was actually surprisingly elegant and clean. Now for the bad - which is all around the food, the way it is prepared and the quality of it! We got the Crab Rangoon's which came out and looked very pleasing (good presentation). However, the center of the Rangoon was not cooked (uncooked, cold crab meat). My girlfriends was actually still frozen in the center. Horrible! Next I got the Jumbo Shrimp and Scallion Pasta. The shrimp where very poor quality as if they were not fresh at all. They tasted very fishy. My girlfriend went with the crab cakes. Very little crab meat in the crab cake and all was just bread filling. The little crab in the cake was frozen and also bad meat. The beer selection was the only positive from Blue Crab. For a 78.00 bill, we could have gone somewhere 100x better.

1  Thank Banksj
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

An interesting menu, mostly based on fish. I tried the muscles French style as appetizer. Good size, generous portion, pretty good. The crab based sandwiches were a bit disappointing. Not sure if it was me or the preparation, but my crab melt sandwich tasted a bit like chlorine. The salmon sandwich was better. Fries were very good. Overall, decent inexpensive meal of you are in the area. I would not drive 20 miles to go there.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Last night was most likely my only time eating in this restaurant since I am just tagging along on my husband"s business trip.

My husband had a grilled swordfish special with a chive pesto sauce and grape tomatoes, rice and steamed veggies. He asked for no tomatoes. Our nice server, Roger, said that couldn't be done, so my man just fished out the very fresh tomatoes before eating.

After asking several questions about the panco crusted fried soft crabs with gazpacho and fried leeks, I ordered it.

Two crabs of not to shabby a size. They were crisp and hot, cut in half and sitting on a generous bed of cold gazpacho, with a mound of fried leeks in the center. What to try first?

I tasted the gazpacho. It was chocked full of vegetables cut small. It was nice and cold, and after it was in my mouth for a little while, it seemed to change character - for lack of a better description - like it had been made with carbonated water??? I've never had an experience quite like that. I'd been eating gazpacho in Spain the previous week, didn't expect it to be Spanish, but never imagined what I got. It had a lot of strength of flavor. Not unpleasant, but too strong for the crab. I moved my crabs to a side plate. I also felt that the fried breadcrumbs were too strong for this seafood delicacy.

I'm a Marylander transported to Ohio by life, but I've eaten soft crabs my whole life, and when they're good, they don't need much of anything to make them shine. I've only seen one other review here of this dish, not positive.

Carrot cake was decent but not the best I've eaten. Roger was very attentive. Decor was okay, no complaints.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My fiancee and I have been coming here for over 12 years and it is consistently good. Yesterday she had a delicious crabcake platter and I had a breaded soft shell crab sandwich. The soft shell crab was crunchy but tender and flavorful. I also had a cup of the chilled Gazpacho and I thought of Hemingway as I enjoyed the chunky tomato broth with crabmeat, shrimp and fish chunks. I am told the soup is only available in the summer. For desert we shared the "trash can"---Vanilla Ice cream with nuts, m&m's, chunks of chocolate and strawberries (and other stuff). Also, the cocktails are excellant---we both had bourbon manhattans. The best kept secret and best in Delaware.

1  Thank ezsobo

Been to Blue Crab Grill? Share your experiences!