“Disappointing Lunch”

Glass Kitchen
Ranked #197 of 369 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Located between the lanes of US 40 (Pulaski Highway) in Glasgow, Delaware, this restaurant was well-patronized at lunch. Instead of opting for one of the national chain restaurants located nearby, I elected to have lunch at Glass Kitchen.
My lunch of fish & chips was a bit disappointing. The portion was meager and the price a bit too high.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Was one of my favorite at one time but not anymore,after spending $$$$$$$$$$$ over time hoping they could get themselves more organize with the food,everytime we visit the quantity and quality of the food goes downward.I use to visit regularly 2-3 times per week. My problem started with the oysters,they had the most delicious oyster platter found anywhere. The problem started a few months ago,I had ordered a Fry Oyster platter,usually you get 8 good size pieces of oysters,sometimes they overcook it sometimes not, I complained they took care of it, then it was 7 oysters, then 6 pieces of oysters then 5 pieces, I ask why so little quantity, they lied and said that the oyster harvest was down,I said in the last few years the oyster harvest was the best it ever was and there was no shortage of oysters, we always seems to get the same waitress who was an excellent server and at the last visit she said that the management thinks I'm a pain, when I keep questioning about my platters, I gave her a nice tip and a hug and said we won't be back anymore,on the way out I told the manager they just lost a good customer like if they could care less

2  Thank Joel T
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The service is also good, but the prices are a little high, but not out of the norm for northern Delaware.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Ordered a western omelette w/o ham they put ham in it, I told the server her response was its already pre-mixed wteff she speed new, coffee was bad just not a great experience ⑆

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a popular place for people who enjoy basic comfort foods, especially with elders. This is good old fashioned diner food at very reasonable prices. While I suspect most foods are prepared from can (heat and serve), items prepared from scratch (like soups or pies) are recipies from years gone by.

I sampled their mincemeat pie, and thought it was very good (even though I'm not a fan of this pie, wanted to try it). I also ordered their navy bean soup, but would not have guessed that is what it was for lack of beans and mostly watery tomato flavor. The chicken salad sandwich was good but ordered it with tomato, but it came with lettuce that I strictly mentioned did not want and was missing the tomato that I did want. Also ordered the sandwich with the soup but only got the soup, had to wait another 10 minutes for sandwich. My friend ordered pumpkin pie but he didn't like the spices, and he asked for whipped cream but they were out of this!?

At the Glass Kitchen, which appears to be a local favorite with grandma, you get what you get. Its basic - do not expect to get anything special or different because they don't get it. And they probably don't want to get it. The food was decent and there was enough selection to find something you'd like, just don't get the idea in your head you'll actually receive what you order.