“Best paella ever! ”

Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 392 Restaurants in Newark
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant is an authentic tapas restaurant specializing in seasonal tapas, Spanish wine & especially family style entrees. With the warm mood lighting & upbeat Spanish music, this vibrant new restaurant will make you feel like you are in Seville, the capital of tapas.
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at Olé. The atmosphere seems like the food would be pedestrian but nothing could be further from the truth. So pleasantly surprised by the service. The paella says it serves 2-4 but it is a giant portion and Delicious with a capital D! The owner served it up himself and he has every right to be proud. The mussels and clams were so perfectly seasoned and there was lots of chicken and chorizo in there as well. we stuffed ourselves silly. I wish I lived nearby to make it a regular spot.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Most of the food my friend and I had here was very good. The cream of potato soup was delicious but was a bit cooler than room temp. The breaded scallops were way too salty and the cervichi wasn't really cervichi but very refreshing and tasty. The garlic mushrooms were excellent as was the chefs selection of Spanish cheeses and cured meats. Service was attentive if a bit pretentious. It's a bit pricey but that's ok if it's a special occasion.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Friends invited us and we are tapas novices. The decor and service was excellent. Had the paella which was a first for us and loved it. Had the cheese board tapas, chicken and beef and all were very good. They offer a lot of entertainment/events like guitar players on weekends so will have to return.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

my husband and I ordered 7 tapas plates, probably one more than we should. The menu is extensive, we had a hard time deciding. We ordered the asparagus, the roasred beets, the Spanish omelette, the chicken skewer, the salmon, the meatballs, and the marinated beef. Everything was delicious, except the beef. It was tasteless, could not taste any marinade. Our waitress was very helpful with her explanations and descriptions of food and wine.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

I was a bit hesitant when my wife wanted to go here at 9pm on a Friday night, but wow!!! The staff was so pleasant and welcoming even though we showed up a hour before closing. With that said, I can't say enough good things about Ole Tapas, five stars out of five stars across the board. The staff, food and drinks were as good as we could get. We've been back twice since our first time there and it's been just as great as our first visit. Highly recommend this gem! 5 stars at 4 star prices...

1  Thank jimijimi420