“Surprisingly good”

Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 369 Restaurants in Newark
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant is an authentic tapas restaurant specializing in seasonal tapas, Spanish wine & especially family style entrees. With the warm mood lighting & upbeat Spanish music, this vibrant new restaurant will make you feel like you are in Seville, the capital of tapas.
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The dishes recommended by our waitress (who has worked there since it opened) were among our favorites. Had a cheese with an orange glaze and serrano ham to start and both were delicious. Wish there were more in our party as the paella looked terrific!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have been here several times and would highly recommend it for something different in dinning. Small protions-yes-but every bit has its one wonderful flavor..makes you want to order more- they have wonderful wines also. The service is the best. I would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank dotNewark
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This little-known gem is one of the best restaurants in northern Delaware. It occupies a fairly unassuming location in a strip-mall, between a liquor store and a Dunkin Donuts, but don't let the location fool you! If you enjoy Spanish-style tapas, you will not be disappointed. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly, and the food and wine selections are impressive. Even if you have a "not-so-adventurous" dining companion, you will easily find something for everyone. My personal favorite is the chorizo gratinado and patatas bravas, but the bistec ajillo is also fantastic. I'm not much for seafood, but my wife assures me that the fish and seafood dishes are top-notch as well. Give yourself a treat and visit Ole Tapas!!

2  Thank steven0419
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Each dish we ordered had such a unique blend of tastes, all good. I'm a meat eater, so I enjoyed the duck, chorizo, and especially the meatballs. My husband said the ceviche was excellent. The service was great, and our waiter, who is usually the bartender, brought a complimentary special concoction for us to try. They have half-price tapas on Tuesday nights, so although the regular prices are quite fair, I do like getting a bargain!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have been coming here since it opened. The tapas are great. They regularly try new servings to keep the menu fresh. Their wine list though not extensive does compliment the tapas selections very well.

1  Thank Johncmiller