“Great cupcakes in Newark” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Lake Worth, Florida
“Great cupcakes in Newark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

The cupcakes are wonderful. They have a good selection and are kd friendly. Help is very nice.

Visited December 2011

Newark, Delaware
“Traditional cupcakery. Do ya like frosting?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was a cupcakery virgin. So when my new boss (who has the biggest sweet tooth ever) said we needed to go, I had my first experience. I don't really like cake, and not a huge frosting lover, so, maybe I'm not the best judge. The cupcakes are pretty and the shop is super sugary and sweet in it's decor. The clerks are very friendly, but how could you not love handing out sweet treats all day long? The cake was moist, and the frosting was a heavy dose of buttercream. They have a decent selection and offer most varieties in chocolate and vanilla cake.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah G
Lewes, Delaware
“Needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

My visit was around noon and the selection was already limited. The 4 I picked out were nice looking and boxed well. This was for a special occasion and I was a bit disspointed. Each one had too much icing. I love frosting but I want an equal amount. And the vanilla cake was a bit dry. Cake crumbed apart and crumbs on plate did not pick up well with back of the fork.

Visited June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Unfortunately, the cupcakes look way better than they taste. The icing was way too sugary and I couldn't eat it all, the cake was dry, and the flavors sounded exciting on paper but didn't taste special. If your store specializes only in cupcakes, they had better be darn good. I have had better cupcakes from a grocery store than the ones I've had from SAS.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
NEWARK
“Sickenly sweet with a preservative after taste”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've gotten cupcakes here a few times at the urging of my 10 yr. old daughter. The flavors offered are intriguing, but the cupcakes are dry and crumble apart when you bite into them and the icing has a weird after taste like they're not using butter or adding a preservative of some kind. Twice I had them and the taste of mothballs came to mind.

Visited October 2011