Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspancake makerfront deskwednesday nightthe breakfast areaoff the highwaybig roomhot tubyogurtvisit familymorning breakfastfree breakfastbreakfast was delicioustwo night stayflat screenclean hotelwe've stayedbed and pillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This hotel is a delight, from check-in to check-out. The staff calls after check-in to make sure your room is satisfactory. And it is more than satisfactory. It is extremely user-friendly, down to the pillowcase labels of "firm" and "soft" so there's no guessing. The alarm clock instructs you how to operate it. The room is beautiful, parking is easy, the breakfast buffet is fine.
Note that there is no dining room. We ordered in from the in-room menus, and the food arrived on-time. The large lobby has plenty of tables and TV's, so dinner is like eating at home. Also easy on and off from I95 with a gas station across the street.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Hi C_All_FromCT:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that your trip was terrific. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Has to be one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express's I've stayed at; and I've stay at quite a few of them. Hotel is fairly new, well maintained and well built, unlike other Express's that have been slapped up with not much care. Has a well laid out lobby with plenty of room for breakfast and meetings. The rooms are good size and clean with fast internet service. The only service I feel they could improve on is the TV channel selection, very limited. The staff was all nice and cordial. You will pay a little more than your used to but in my opinion worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Hello Jason9549:

We certainly appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel. We take great pride in our property and are excited to hear that our guests enjoy all that we offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I have spent many times in different hotels, but never had I felt the feeling of complete satisfaction as I did here at the Holiday Inn express! The home feeling I received as soon as I entered the lobby was very comforting. The staff was amazing and their customer service skills were a ten! I am always recruiting for retail sales and the entire staff would be a welcoming addition to anyone of my locations! Sorry Inn manager! Just kidding but my experience was so spectacular that I felt it warranted a great review and all travelers should stop in and experience the beautiful environment and amazing staff!!!!! This will be my first choice on all my future stays and I will recommend to all! Looking forward to my next stay!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Never had an issue anywhere
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Hi Amy G:

Thank you for writing a great review. Our Staff and Managment truely make every attempt to ensure each experience is a "ten" for our guests. We look forward to your next stay with.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

This property is only two years old and is well maintained and beautifully equipped. We were traveling from Georgia to New York for my mother's funeral. As you can imagine, it was not a great time for us. The room was booked using my husband's points from one of his credit cards. There was a miss communication and they booked us for two queen beds instead of a mini-suite that included a pull-out sofa. We needed all available space as we have two teenage sons. We brought the problem to Jim's attention and he had an employee show us the suite and we were moved immediately without any problems. Jim's attention to detail helped us transition smoothly with the rest of our trip. We absolutely love this location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Mary B:

Special thanks to you for such a wonderful review. We have great employees at our hotel that make our success possible. It is always great to hear how our employees have touched you, our Valued Guest. Should you be in the Newark area again in the future, we certainly invite you back.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is the exact email I sent to the Manager at this hotel:

"I wanted to take a moment to express my great appreciation for your staff and facilities in Newark, DE. I work for the Culinary Institute of America, as an Admissions Officer. My territories are both DE and NJ. I am new to the world of travel, and living on the road. I tend to get very homesick, and want nothing more than to return home.

However, I checked in on Sunday (10/23) and stayed until yesterday (10/26), and I didn't want to leave. I felt at home in your hotel, and I can't express how much that means to me. Your staff are SO friendly, and caring. Breakfast was a delicious way to start my day, and so comfortable to eat in the dining area. My room was wonderful too. Very clean, and I felt very safe and secure. The location of the hotel is perfect too, so close to everywhere I needed to be. All these things are so important to me, especially because I am new to travel.

I can't say that I will remain in this career path for long, but I can definitely, with 100% assurance tell you that when I am in Delaware, I will always stay with you at the Holiday Inn Express. I felt sad knowing I had to move on to my next destination. I am hoping to be back in November.

Thank you again, and please know I hold your hotel in the highest esteem."

I think this says it all!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear MBD223:

Thank you for expressing your appreciation and for enjoying our hotel recently. We strive to satisfy every guest who walks through our doors. We realize that being away from home can be an unsettling time and we make every attempt to provide a soothing, comfortable and safe home away from home for those who choose to stay with us and become part of our family. We will see you again soon!