“Very good”

Ioannoni's Bullroasters
Ranked #6 of 131 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I had the roast pork and broccoli rabe. Very good. My husband had a cheese steak. He said he liked it but growing up in Claymont Steaks makes it hard to love it.

There are newer reviews for Ioannoni's Bullroasters

Reviewed July 18, 2014

On the positive side: they roast their own meats and slice to order. There are many sandwich choices on the menu, mostly variations on the same theme - beef, pork or chicken plus the usual "hoagie" choices. Anywhere else they'd be a good place but considering it is Delaware which is woefully stuck in mediocrity, they are way above average.

On the negative side: A little pricey for what you get. If the owner is not there the service is poor because the workers are slow, they seem pleasant enough just not motivated to do more than necessary, let alone move quickly with any sense of urgency. For example: I saw sandwiches being made so slowly that the person was spooning the au jus onto each one with the meat tongs which took several minutes. They weigh the meat so precisely that you'll never get a generous portion as a previous reviewer stated.

My last visit: We ordered and waited 11 minutes for our beef sandwiches. It was just past noon and they had the slicer disassembled (perhaps they did not think anyone would want lunch that day!!), so it took time for the help to figure out how to make it work. Other patrons were pacing back and forth waiting impatiently. At the end, my wife could not finish her sandwich so I asked for a plastic container to put it in since the au jus would have dripped out of a wrapper. The lady behind the counter was first confused after I requested an empty plastic container - the same that the coleslaw comes in, then a co-worker said it was near the potato salad in the back, I guess that was too far to walk so she thought for a moment and told me "I can't give those away, they're too expensive"!! I asked if she was joking since we just bought $9.00 beef sandwiches that were only 10" long therefore there is a little profit being made, I then offered her 50 cents but she said no. The real reason is she may not have been able to walk that far judging by her motivational and customer service levels. Perhaps I should have offered a dollar.

We left and don't intend to return because it is not worth the aggravation for just a sandwich and there are better bangs for your buck just about anywhere in the area.

2  Thank justvisiting_9
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have had cheese steaks up and down the east coast, the ones from Ioannoni's are definitely the best I have ever eaten. This a sandwich shop with a couple of tables and booths for enjoying your sandwich. Most sandwiches are ordered for take out. The italian sub my wife had was excellent as well. But the cheese steaks will bring me back again and again.

1  Thank grizz3210
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Best cheese steak I've ever had! Beats Pat's and Geno's in Philly hands down! Will stop again! I got a medium and couldn't finish it, it was stuffed with meat!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

its always bothersome to see the owner weighing each piece of meat before he puts it on a sandwitch. after making a few you would think he could remember. scarce amounts of meat in all the sandwitches , porkette tastes like a spicy mess almost un eatable without smothering it with greens and sharpe cheese. the subs are 75% bread, meat and cheese are hidden in the condiments. 3-4 other sub shops within a mile of there, in fact Pats is next door. skip the owners attitude and lack of meat .