“Never again...”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed April 21, 2012

If were had not been so exhausted we would have not stayed. I did not sleep well, and kept checking the door and trying to keep the curtains covering any part of the window that could be looked in when the lights were on. First glance it was clean but NOTHING like they show in the pictures. We were glad to pack up as soon as we woke the next morning. We did NOT take our luggage inside, just in case.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank makerofdreams1
There are newer reviews for Travel Inn

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week. 2 days ago I noticed bites showing up all over my body. I asked to switch rooms.. the guy at the front desk said I would have to wait until the next day. It's 4am I am tired and have to work 12 hours tomorrow. I can't sleep because I itch so bad. Someone please shoot me.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank marshalllee
Reviewed August 28, 2007

So we were on our way to Williamsburg, VA and due to some VERY heavy traffic around Philly on I-95 we got into DE very late and by 11:30 pm my son and I were both very tired so I was looking for some place to sleep quickly. We tried the Super 8 first but they were booked so we drove across the street to the Econo Lodge. The desk clerk (in both places by the way) sit behind bullet proof glass and there's a sign that says "No Hoodies." Hmmm do I smell high crime area? I was so tired I didn't want to risk driving too much further so I took a room. The bed was comfortable, but other than that, I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpet as it was so dirty/greasy, and the bathroom was pretty stank too. We slept a few hours and checked out. I did get a free cup of coffee at check out. When I got back on the road, I realized if I'd driven 10-15 more minutes I could've gotten my choice of much cleaner accomodations. If you're going thru this area or flying out...drive the extra 10 minutes.

Stayed: August 2007
Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington New Castle
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travel Inn

Address: 232 S Dupont Hwy, Rt. 13 & 40 split, New Castle, DE 19720-4166 (Formerly Econo Lodge Airport)
Location: United States > Delaware > New Castle
Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
Price Range: $62 - $86 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Travel Inn 2.5*
This modest hotel is set off Highway 40 and is 1.8 miles from New Castle Airport and 3 miles from the Delaware River. All rooms and suites include free WiFi and premium cable TV, in addition to coffeemakers. Some rooms feature minifridges and microwaves, and suites add whirlpool tubs or kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast is served each day and there are guest laundry facilities (fee), as well as free on-site parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Travel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge New Castle