“Consistently good”

Ranked #45 of 133 Restaurants in New Castle
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here 5-7 times and the service and quality for close to airport dining are both good. Salad bar is clean and fresh. Today I had the stuffed flounder which had a really nice lump of crabmeat inside.
Amex, visa, mc accepted.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great for breakfast and inexpensive dinners. Salad bar and several menu items for entrees, casual and family oriented. Food is moderate but good.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went here one saturday morning before my flight departed. I grew up in Delaware so i usually set my expectations low and considering this was just breakfast i didnt expect much. We were served by a older woman could assume she had been there since the beginning of time or the since the existence of the resturant. Food wasnt bad had the hash and eggs and orange juice like i said not bad id go back again in a whim. Place doesnt have a bad atmosphere and food is tasty and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Topchef3630
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Believe the positive reviews. I've been going to Arner's on and off since the 70's, when they first opened. It had probably been 7 years since the last time I stopped in. The food is just as good as the first day they opened. The entire staff is always so friendly. Something you don't find that often anymore.

They have a great salad bar, and that was what we intended going there for. When we found out the salad bar was included with most full entrees, we decided to each order a plate. I got the country fried chicken, that was what you would expect from a diner type restaurant. Very crunchy, yet extremely moist, even the half a breast was juicy. The Salad bar was very good, and they even had a few deserts.

My wife ordered the swiss steak and I swear it was large enough for 2. I know the mashed potatoes were. They took up half the plate. We found the prices as always, to be very reasonable.

I'd say if you can't be happy ordering something from Arner's, you probably won't be happy in most restaurants. We have been looking for a "regular" spot, and I think we have found it. The specials are what I would consider very cheap, and they even have breakfast all day.

As I write this, I am debating a trip there tonight. So many of these little Gems have closed up, only to have a shopping center put in it's place. I hope Arner's is around at least as long as I am. Kudo's.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my Boyfriend, were talking about a place to eat, and he mentioned this place. So we drove there, got the bout 9pm and we got seated even though they close at 9pm. My Boyfriend got the ham and Turkey melt, sweet potato fries with carnal sauce, he liked it very much. I got the Mexican nachos, there was alot for me to eat but I got a box to go. I loved it very much. The prices were a bit high but all and all it was very good. Our server was Victoria, she was very pleasant.