“Small Cafe”
Review of Caroline's

Caroline's
Ranked #40 of 132 Restaurants in New Castle
Description: Has only been open for about a year. Fantastic breakfast, lunch and famous fixed price Fri evening dinner.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Visiting New Castle, we asked a bystander where to eat as there were very few places open. She said that Caroline's was the best. Small Cafe, clean and nice but crowded inside with tables. An older man took our order after seating us. They were out of chicken and shrimp, the menu was very limited, similar to what you would have on hand at home. I had a simple ham and cheese sandwich on "homemade bread?", she forgot the tomatoes, or he forgot to write them down. They were very pleasant and the prices were very reasonable. We wouldn't have stayed but we weren't told what they were out of until we tried to order and they were so nice we didn't want to insult them and leave.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Greeting and Ambiance when you walk in this place is the same as when you walk in a Funeral Parlor for a viewing. We were greeted, and told to sit where ever we wanted. It's a Cute little place with nothing to break up the silence. Light background music would have helped. I believed the owners are overwhelmed with running a restaurant. When you ask any questions about the menu, you get short, cocky answers. It's my opinion, that just the loyal locals (in the neighborhood) dine here, and occasional tourists. We stopped for lunch. Asked if the tea was home made, NO, it's Bottled. Ok. I asked what their popular dish was. I felt like I was looking at the Nipper Dog hearing a High Pitched whistle. A chicken salad sandwich is just that, No lettuce, no Tomatos, and a small amount of chips from a bag. I was Shocked to find 1 small slice of sweet pickle on my plate! I asked to see the dinner menu. "We don't have one" "You need to go to our facebook page". I couldn't find their facebook page. I was also told "You can't get a table on Friday or Saturday Night" . Well, am I supposed to drive here only to find I can't get a seat? The location for this place is nice, The owners need to learn the restaurant business. A similar cafe around the corner, Has a warm, friendly, staff, larger portions, and home made teas, and chips. This business will not survive on just a handful of loyal friends. Micro and miss managed. I won't come back.

3  Thank ChefGaryCurry
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stumbled upon this picturesque little restaurant for breakfast and it was so good, we returned for their famed Friday night dinner. The reception, food and ambiance is outstanding.

1  Thank ebbtide2