“Don't bash this place!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Wilmington

Motel 6 Wilmington
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Castle
Motel 6 Wilmington
You added Motel 6 Wilmington to your Saves list
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in New Castle
Wolcott, Connecticut
“Don't bash this place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I don't understand why people are bashing this place. I stay here for 3 days every year. It's basically a place to sleep.You get what you pay for. It's a Motel 6, not the Plaza. Not sure why people are expecting luxury. No, the area isn't great, but do your research ahead of time and you'll find that out. Personally, I love the security guards and manager there. They are not checking cars to scam more money. They are checking to make sure there are no unauthorized people (aka shady) coming on the property. Have any of you that are bashing ever gone in and been nice to them, or just go in with an attitude because of the area and hotel were not what you were expecting. Kindness goes a long way. After our first time checking in, they know us, and just wave when we drive in. I have stayed at a hotel across the street for years (not the Super 8, the one across from Mc Donalds), for 3 times the amount of money. After all the fights between the "residents" of the hotel, and once even being there when a pizza delivery guy was thrown off the 3rd floor balcony, I welcome the security. I just made our reservations for this year, and will continue to do so.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank lisa m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Not familar with the area, I made my reservations. I knew as soon as I pulled up I was in trouble. I checked in got my key, when I walked up to my room I leaned on the door to get my key out of my pocket. The door fell open! I stepped inside shut the door and the deadbolt did not work and all I had to do was pull and it came open. I called the front desk, the woman there told me I just did not know how to shut a door! So after much hassle I was given another room. I came across the security guard on my way to the second room, he said he was there to keep the prostitutes out. There was mold around the vents, there was dirt/slime under the sink and behind the toilet. This was the second room, I called the front desk and asked what the cancellation policy was, I was told that I had already been charged for the 4 nights stay, I would get a credit but that would take about 14 days. Since I did not give a 24 hour notice I would be charged for one night, then wait 2 weeks for the credit! So in trying to make the best of one night I went to McDonalds to get something to eat. While trying to watch a TV that would not focus and eat I dropped a french fri, I finished eating and bent to pick the french fri up. There were already 3 roaches on it. This is not place for the faint of heart.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank angela b
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

4th time staying here, while traveling up and down the 95 corridor, I have come to use this as a place to stop for the night. I never understand the people who review this place who have a problem with having to show the security guard your id, they are keeping problems out of the motel. I have never had problems within the motel area, I like how this motel is right off the exit from the highway and the price is right.
Again, not sure about other reviews, but this is Motel 6 and not a Sheraton, if you need amenities and luxurious accommodations, there is a Sheraton a couple of exits down, but I bet you will not be paying in the 40 dollar range a night.
Again, with other reviews, I have have never had any problem with the staff day or night, The people I have met have always been friendly and appreciate the fact that we chose to stay there for the night,
Again with other reviews, I have never had a problem with the cleanliness of the room. The room is your basic Motel 6 room, and is very basic. Yes, the mattresses should be replaced but the room was clean and very quiet.
When i travel up and down I95 and want to stop in this area for the night, I will use this motel.again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the motel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The area wasnt bad but the service and the staff were. The rooms smelled and I was charged twice on my credit card. The security guard was rude and checks your car to see if you have extra guests so they can charge you more money

• Stayed December 2012
Melbourne Aust
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Motel 6s vary from awful to acceptable. This one is better than most.

It is in a tough area but there is a security guard on duty in the evenings. The property has been painted, our rooms were clean and everything worked - unlike most M6s. Staff helped us with meal options.

You have to judge M6 on a price/performance basis. At $40 a night, this is good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LilAl
Marysville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

last night my friend and our two kids were suppose to stay at this hotel. we were on our way back home from rehoboth beach. we started getting a bad feeling when we pulled up to the place and saw a lot of "scary characters" hanging around the entrance. there is an armed security guard at the hotel...only until 3am (i asked how long he was there) i asked why he was working, if the area was bad and he said that across the street (like 500 feet) was really bad. well we went to the room, which i will say it was nice, it was non smoking but did have cig burns on the blankets and an ash tray...but did not smell like smoke. AC worked...but was very noisy. we then ordered pizza and they told us they dont deliver to the room...we had to go pick it up at the front...kind of weird. made us feel uneasy
an sketchy person kept driving by our room in a mini van and the curtains didnt fully close
needless to say, we left after being there for about 2 hours, left all our food behind because we were so scared of the place. (oh i should add, our room was all the way in the back on the bottom floor right by the woods)
as we were leaving we saw two prostitutes literally just a few feet from the entrance, grossed us out because they prolly use that hotel as their "office"

staff was very friendly though. but if i were you i would find a different LOCATION. its not that we thought the hotel was bad it was the area that it was in!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have made this my stopping point when driving up from GA, heading to the North East. I stayed here for the 3rd time in June 2012. I have never had a problem with anyone in the motel parking lot or the room.
For a nights rest, this is not a bad l place. I have never had a problem with my room, I always get a room on the back side, bottom floor. There was no problems with the room, except for the mattress which was a little uncomfortable.
I will be staying here on my next time though this area. .

Room Tip: back side, bottom floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4.0 of 5 stars 315 reviews
Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
Super 8 Pennsville/Wilmington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington New Castle

Been to Motel 6 Wilmington? Share your experiences!