“Exceeds expectations”

Sheraton Wilmington South
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Sheraton Wilmington South has a very well-appointed rooms that resemble those found in Starwood’s companion Westin brand. The front desk and bar staff are very friendly and I was very pleased with my junior suite. The hotel is located by itself just off I-95, so be aware that there is nothing walkable around the hotel. Although TripAdvisor sorts the this property as a New Castle hotel, if you are driving, it is one exit on I-95 and minutes way from downtown (and giving Wilmington's poor cab service, virtually all business travelers will need a rental car). Given the limited dining options in downtown Wilmington, this hotel is a very good option.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Wilmington South

Reviewed September 19, 2013

With Frontier Airlines starts service to Wilmington New Castle Airpot, I need a hotel with shuttle service that is closed to the airport. Sheraton Wilmington South is not disappointing and the staffs are very friendly. I had a nice chat with the driver on the way to the hotel and on the way back. The restaurant inside the hotel serves decent food and the staffs are reasonably friendly. Wilmington/New Castle Airport has limited food options and Frontier does not sell fresh food on board anymore, so food in this hotel becomes very important. I had two meals here and was not disappointed. The price was a bit high but it was an hotel. The only negative aspect is that there are really nothing much doing on around the hotel and nothing was within walking distance. This hotel also hosts the crews of Frontier Airlines, and when the shuttle is carrying the crews, they are not allowed to pick up passengers. I hope the hotel is able to work out the issues now, but there might be a bit of wait for shuttles, and departing passengers may have to head to the airport earlier. New castle airport is really small with nothing so most passengers will want to wait till the last minute before heading over. The room is nicely decorated and look very new. Wifi works pretty well! A good Sheraton!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at this property. All I can say is BRAVO! This was easily the best Sheraton or even Starwood property I have ever stayed at, and I've been to quite a few within the US. Although its location is odd, right off I-95 in the middle of nowhere, there are plenty of stores, businesses, and restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive. Not a big deal. As far as the hotel, it was classy and five star all the way. Everything with superbly clean, tidy, and in great condition. The lobby was expensive, with glass elevators and a 6 story ceiling. The rooms were a very fair size, and come with free wi-fi (rate for a Sheraton).

Overall, the rooms were immaculately clean, and the bed was to die for. The best linens and sheets I've ever slept on!

I got access to the SPG lounge level for being a Gold member, and the breakfast was superb--plenty of choices like eggs, bacon, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. There was even an Starbucks espresso/latte machine in the lounge which was a great touch. For the evening reception, they had steaks, crab cakes, vegetable platters, fresh fruit, and more. Very well done. Most importantly was the staff.

Every staff member was happy to be working for that hotel, and was proud of its accomplishments. In fact, this property was rated the best Sheraton in the 50 United States last month! In the middle of Delaware. I enjoyed talking to Michael at the front desk, who helped me out a few times with questions, an upgrade, and telling me more about the hotel. He was a real asset to the company and hope he is recognized for his obvious dedication to Sheraton and this property in particular.

We'll definitely be back in a heartbeat--especially since there is no sales tax in Delaware. Great shopping nearby!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room to keep the noise down.
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I was here over a series of 5 days with a group. To say that we were treated like royals would be an understatement. The best thing about this was that looking around, other guest were treated the same exact way. The food was great, service, and the beds VERY comfortable!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tiara M
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love to stay at this venue when in Wilmington, Delaware. Recently, due to Frontier Airlines' improved service to the nearby airport, this hotel has become even more popular. The staff is excellent. Maggie Farren at the front desk always has a great smile and welcome! We can only hope that they keep up the high standards for professional, yet friendly, service!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit this hotel as I served as a musician for a "Wedding" on Sunday September 1, 2013. I had never been to this Sheraton hotel but it is now on my list of places to stay. When I arrived on Saturday I was Greeted by a young lady named Ms. Abha, she was very welcoming and friendly to me, and very knowledgeable about the facility in addition local area. My room was very clean and located directly over the location of the court yard where the wedding was to take place. Upon checkout I managed to meet Ms. Abha again whom once again had a winning personality and I had a smooth and easy checkout. Great Place to stay when visiting the PA, DE, NJ, MD area!!!!! Did I mention the I had a Suite Awesome!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the courtyard the view is much better then that of the Highway
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently as my daughter goes to the local university. Ms. Murthy, a front desk representitive has consistently remembered my family, my preferences (Gold Starwood) and has even given us some great local restaurant choices. The hotel overall is excellent, clean and very friendly staff.

Ron

Hotel du Pont
Hotel du Pont
#2 of 13 in Wilmington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!