“Luxury Holiday!”

GreenLeadersGold level
boston
“Luxury Holiday!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Last minute booking for Christmas - this brand new reno property (1yr old I believe) was perfectly central, perfectly modern, and all the right ammenities. Honored points and upgraded me to the suite. We used the Gym, the Pool, and the Restaurant- and loved the very friendly and warm staff.

We even had to utilize the pull-out couch for an added guest, and the hotel was very amazing and accomodating to our every request. You made our stay for the holidays very memorable. I will definitely stay here again, and highly recommend to anyone traveling for business/personal. It's right by I-95/ the Mall/ Convenience Stores, etc. And it's like an oasis facing Churchman's marsh with no other buidling adjutting. Very very nice!

Thank you, Sheraton team. A+

Room Tip: King Suites are huge, separate living area from bedroom and fantastic spa bathroom with soaking spa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Dawn S-
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Sheraton Wilmington South over your Christmas holiday! We are glad you enjoyed all the amenities of our hotel and that you found not only the hotel, but its location to be suitable and enjoyable for yourself!
Even though we are a new property, we added another amenity in the pull out sofa beds in our Deluxe Suites, we are glad you noticed them!
Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Jeremy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 20, 2012

First off, the staff at the Sheraton Wilmington South are wonderful. They accommodated our need for at late check-out and were a pleasure to interact with. The room we were given was beautiful and clean, but unfortunately was very loud. We could hear our neighbors talking and watching TV, and could hear the elevator noise easily. Additionally, the room was equipped as handicap accessible, but the mechanism that held the shower wand to the wall was broken, so it could only be positioned at waist height. Of course, that is probably not a hotel-wide problem. We ordered dessert room service which was delicious.

Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel, but remember to bring earplugs!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear kalanchoe612-
Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South!
I am very glad to hear that you loved our staff at our property, they are what breathes life into a hotel! I apologize that your experience in your room did not meet your satisfaction, it is not acceptable.
Typically we place guests who have handicap needs in handicap rooms, and if you did not require those amenities, we try the best to accommodate you in another room. I am sorry that did not happen. In the event of any discomfort in your room accommodations, please reach out to our Front Office team, they are very willing to make sure you have the best experience possible!
Again I am sorry that your experience with us wasn't the best as possible, and I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again so we can become your preferred hotel of choice in the Delaware area!

Newark, DE
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I loved staying at this hotel. I stayed in the suite which was absolutely fabulous! Very spacious, comfortable bed, and a quite room. In addition to staying at the hotel I also planned my wedding here. I worked with Fiona who was a dream to work with. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating to our wedding needs. They have everything you need to plan a wedding in house, which made planning a wedding in 2 months a breeze. The food here was Excellent, from the catering services to brunch to happy hour- loved it all! Everyone who attended the wedding enjoyed it. The hotel just offers such a peaceful and relaxing presence. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Sheraton and will be back for my anniversary.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cherish R-
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South!
We are very happy to have accommodated you in one of our amazing suites. And congratulations on your wedding! We are thrilled to help plan and host your wedding at our property, it is quite the place to have the wedding of your dreams!
We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us and having your wedding here as well! We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary!

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel was top notch. The manager Dustin Ruiz is a manager with a caring heart for his guest. Furthermore, I can tell that his staff mirror their manager Dustin Ruiz because they are all so kind to anyone who enters the Sheraton. They greet you every morning and when you walk by the front desk, you know that the staff is happy to have you there. Dustin Ruiz is a manager is a caring manager that goes above and beyond to help a guest in any event that there is a problem. Also, three workers (2 in the bar and a waitress in Dining services) was so outstanding with there service. Also, 2 housekeeping workers, Cardonia and a new guy that just started ( I can't remember his name), but he has an accent; these two individuals clean rooms to MAXIMUM capacity. They clean rooms as if it was there own homes and you do not see a spot of dust or anyhing once they are done. They never forget anything that the room needs and they are always asking if something else is needed. They were outstanding. As a whole, the Sheraton is a WONDERFUL hotel and friendly staff, but most of all, they care. I would definitely stay there again and I will refer many people to this Sheraton. If you are a guest, you know that you are cared for when you walk through the door. Again, it all begins with management and Dustin Ruiz is a manager that no business should ever want to replace. His heart is big and his caring for his guest is unexplainable. All I can say is "what an awesome manager, and what an awesome staff". I wish this Sheraton much success after celebrating their one year anniversary. If I am ever in the area again, I am only staying at the Sheraton Wilimington South and see no need to look at any other hotel. Great Hotel.

Room Tip: If you see any bad reviews about the Sheraton, please take my word and go stay there for yourself. S...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sally S-
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Wilmington South!
We appreciate the awesome feedback and comments about our hotel. Dustin is our Front Office Manager and he does a great job with our Front Office team, thank you for noting that!
Our housekeeping team is full of hard working individuals, thank you for pointing them out since their efforts do normally go unnoticed!
Thank you for wishing us success and a happy anniversary! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The staff at this hotel is one of the friendliest, courteous, and conscientious I've had the pleasure of dealing with.

Our hotel room was wonderful - a spacious suite. We were at the hotel for three nights and it was nice having the extra room. The bed was very comfortable. The linens on the bed were pressed and I don't find that in too many of the hotels I stay in. Complimentary water was offered. There were electrical outlets located on each nightstand - next to the bed. I don't usually have housekeeping access my room during my stay and I loved it that they didn't bug me every day about the housekeeping. We were somewhat disappointed in the limited selection of tv channels. My husband said that he didn't find pay-for-view either.

While there is a restaurant in the hotel, we thought the food just standard fare.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear durangodawgs-
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Wilmington South!
We appreciate your comments about our hotel, from the pressed linens to the housekeeping service. And thank you for the comments about our staff!
I apologize that you were disappointed about the selection of TV channels in our hotel. As a management staff opening the hotel, we chose to utilize the High Definition of our LG LCD Televisions by purchasing the HD package, unfortunately HD and Pay-Per-View as one package was not available to us at that time. We will absolutely consider your feedback to see if we can expand the selection of channels!
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Spotsylvania, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was initially given a room they knew had a noise issue due to a mechanical problem, but after complaining I was given another room on the same floor that I requested. The suites are very nice. I like having two televisions with a seating area. There is complimentary bottled water and starbucks coffee. The décor was nice and the overall ambiance was nice, although I do miss a city view it is a nice quiet location perfect for people like me with sleeping issues.. The dining room and lounge staff were very friendly adding to the enjoyment of my stay. I would most certainly stay here again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor suites
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Candace N-
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South!
I apologize that you were placed in a room with a mechanical issue, that is not acceptable and I will need to review that issue with my Engineering and Front Office teams. I am glad we were able to accomodate you afterwards as we should always!
We are very happy that you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel, and that you were able to get a good nights rest because of our location! Thank you for the kind words about our staff as well, they are absolutely great!
Thank you again and we most certainly look forward to staying here again!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

As a frequent traveler, I can truly say that this was the best experience I have ever had in a hotel. Not only was the staff extremely accommodating but the rooms were phenomenal. The location was perfect, off the highway, a little in the middle of nowhere but close to everything. The only complaint I have is the walls seem very thin or perhaps I just had loud neighbors. I highly recommend this hotel and have actually booked another stay for this weekend!

• Stayed November 2012
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear dhmdwf-
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South! We appreciate your feedback about our hotel and we are glad that you had a memorable experience with us!
I apologize for the noise from the next door room but I am glad that you still had a great experience. Hopefully that does not happen again, but if so please let our Front Office team know, they are more than glad to assist in anyway possible! The way that you described our hotel was perfect, thank you for that!
Thank you so much for recommending our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again for your next stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
The Westin Wilmington
The Westin Wilmington
#6 of 13 in Wilmington

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!