“New Years Eve Dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Elkton, Maryland, United States
“New Years Eve Dinner”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Excellent food and atmosphere. There were 4 in our party the appetizer's left our mouth's zingging. But we were ready for our entree's, when they arrived. Everything was excellent, the fried oysters and seared tuna were really good. The service was on point. I had the chocolate pretzel martini, what a creation!!! Will be back soon.

• Visited December 2013

Hockessin, Delaware
“Variable”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and friends had 2 dinners here over a period of 2 months recently. The first was ok, food was good, server excellent, entertainment - jazz duo was outstanding. The second was a poor experience - service was horrid -our server became a barkeep and failed to hand us off, the food came out of the kitchen in 3 different waves, 1 dish was cold, etc. The menu could use a bit more New Orleans dishes. Craft beer selection was good.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Meh”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I went to Nora Lee's with three friends. One had been there before and enjoyed it, so we went looking forward to a great meal. To starts, I had the crawfish bisque and Lee's chicken fingers. The bisque had no depth of flavor as one would expect from cajun food. It was one note - spicy pepper. The chicken fingers were actually thin strips of blackened chicken drizzled with honey mustard. These might have been tasty, but they arrived lukewarm. I was not impressed. Because I was underwhelmed with my starters, I decided against ordering an entree. One friend started with the gimmicky Capn Crunch chicken fingers with vanilla dipping sauce (which also arrived kinda cold). I tried one, just sweet for no reason and unmpressive. I don't feel that for $18 I got much value for two starters - strips of chicken and a cup of soup - oh, right $2 of that was a charge for fountain seltzer (vs tap water). Really? We should have gone to Jessop's instead.

Delaware (Dela-where?)
“Go to Nora's immediately after reading this!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I just returned from having an amazingly delicious meal and I feel compelled to write a review. We discovered Nora Lee's a couple of months ago by using a Groupon, and we are hooked! In fact, we've been there four times since our initial visit. My meal of choice is the blackened scallops - perfectly seasoned and delicious! My husband has had the jambalaya, pistachio-crusted tilapia, and coconut shrimp, and every meal has been top-notch. One thing that must be discussed - the Baked Brie appetizer!!! Literally the best appetizer I have ever tasted. It's a special menu item, but if they have it, do yourself a favor and order it. It's the perfect combination of sweet and salty, with a little crunch. When our server came over to say our entrees were almost ready, my husband said to me "I'm still in brie euphoria". Yes, it's THAT good.
Bottom line: An amazing restaurant that you need to try. You won't regret it.

Bear, Delaware
“Great place for Date Night”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I went to Nora's place for date night. This was our first time. Well it will not be our last. We had great drinks and Great food. We had crawfish nahcos they were so..good .
Catfish and Jambalaya were Great too. We will be back..!!!!