“Great Find in Old New Castle”
Review of Nora Lee's Cafe

Nora Lee's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 132 Restaurants in New Castle
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently made my second visit to Nora Lee's Cafe in Old New Castle. First of all, if you haven't visited Old New Castle it's a great historic small town. There are no better views of the Delaware River and some of the home date back as old as any in Delaware. Once you're there, you'll want to visit Nora Lee's Cafe. I took my son and his girl friend and we had a great dinner. They have some nice beers on tap to complement the food. I had a chicken jambalaya which was a good sized dish with great taste. One of the things I like best was the peppers were perfectly cooked, just past crunchy. There was plenty of flavor but it was not overly spicy. My son had one of the specials which was a pork dish served on garlic mashed potatoes. He raved about it and ate every bite, preventing me from having a taste. His date had a salad which was huge. She enjoyed it and as a healthy, picky eater was glad for that alternative.
We didn't elect to have dessert but I have to say that the descriptions on the menu made them sound out of this world, and I belive the chef makes them in house. I also understand they have popular music programs on Saturday which can be standing room only.
I recommend you visit this gem off the beaten path

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Decided to visit old New Castle and take a stroll along the river. Afterwards we decided to dine at Nora Lee's French Quarter Bistro and we were glad we did. We enjoyed "Hurricane" cocktails that were really good. Crawfish Nachos arrived hot and spicy and a very ample portion. My entrée was the pistachio crusted tilapia with mash and maque and my husband had the southern fried crab cakes with the same sides. We were both extremely pleased with the preparation, portion, and overall quality of our meal. What a wonderful find...great service, nice atmosphere....excellent food.....you just can't ask for more than that!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Third time at this exquisite little restaurant. Fiancé and I came for a late night bite (10:30)pm and absolutely enjoyed every bite. I ordered the blackened chicken with crawfish jambalaya and she ordered the hazelnut crab cakes, INSANE! Both dishes took a little extra time but WORTH THE WAIT, the chix was amazing but the crab cakes accompanied by the sweet potato mash was exquisite. The food is amazing and fresh every time we come, service staff could use a bit more training but is very easily overlooked once you have one of their drinks (great mixologists) and a bite of their overly huge portioned entrees. A Delaware gem in the making.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have eaten at Nora Lee's a few times and every time the food has been delicious. I had Pistachio crusted chicken, sweet potato mash and a corn side dish last night. It was so good that I ate every bite even though I was stuffed. The atmosphere is very inviting and the service was friendly and efficient.
The place is small so a reservation is a good idea. We go during the week when it is not as crowded.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went there tonight with a Groupon. We had been there last year and loved it! This time was not as good. The food was good but not delicious like the first time. My husband wished his blackend catfish was cooked more. The deserts were not that tasty either. The bread, salad, and lobster ravioli was good. Our waitress, Ashley was quite a mess, constantly making mistakes and apoligizing. We will give it one more try to see if this time was a fluke.

1  Thank AffectMe