“N'awlins cuisine without the plane ride!”
Review of Nora Lee's Cafe

Nora Lee's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in New Castle
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Third time at this exquisite little restaurant. Fiancé and I came for a late night bite (10:30)pm and absolutely enjoyed every bite. I ordered the blackened chicken with crawfish jambalaya and she ordered the hazelnut crab cakes, INSANE! Both dishes took a little extra time but WORTH THE WAIT, the chix was amazing but the crab cakes accompanied by the sweet potato mash was exquisite. The food is amazing and fresh every time we come, service staff could use a bit more training but is very easily overlooked once you have one of their drinks (great mixologists) and a bite of their overly huge portioned entrees. A Delaware gem in the making.

There are newer reviews for Nora Lee's Cafe

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have eaten at Nora Lee's a few times and every time the food has been delicious. I had Pistachio crusted chicken, sweet potato mash and a corn side dish last night. It was so good that I ate every bite even though I was stuffed. The atmosphere is very inviting and the service was friendly and efficient.
The place is small so a reservation is a good idea. We go during the week when it is not as crowded.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went there tonight with a Groupon. We had been there last year and loved it! This time was not as good. The food was good but not delicious like the first time. My husband wished his blackend catfish was cooked more. The deserts were not that tasty either. The bread, salad, and lobster ravioli was good. Our waitress, Ashley was quite a mess, constantly making mistakes and apoligizing. We will give it one more try to see if this time was a fluke.

1  Thank AffectMe
Reviewed July 29, 2013

New to the area, good food and drink. Very New Orleans in decor and placed in an old house so there are lots of different rooms. They offer entertainment certain nights and on week-ends. Worth a drink.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great atmosphere, great music. But sadly bad service...almost ate a burger all the way before i pulled out in the middle of my burger a hair...when I confronted the server, she apologized then said she would go get the mgt. I waited 15 mins, and was treated like i had the plague. the staff avoided me while I waited. I had prior engagement to go to so I couldn't wait anymore and when I asked for the bill I asked why I had not spoke to the mgt and the girl gave me attitude and said she is the mgt even though she was also the bartender???? she would take care of my issue. I looked at my bill and they had charged me for the hair burger. I was shocked it was still on there, she said well I was gonna come talk to you..(they were avoiding me and I had to take the first approach to call someone over) but you asked for you bill so I assumed you just were ready to go. Then basically they claimed it was my hair that I placed in my burger.. saying well our cook is bald so it's not our fault.. WOW great customer service...Accusing the customer..the service was so bad I had a lady next to me that checked her burger for a hair then turned to apologize for how they were talking to me..thats sad when a customer apologizes for being talked to so rude...My friend called back to talk to the mgt and the owner ..the owner stood up for the girls actions and her apology was monotone and generic as if it was something less then genuine...you think it doesn't matter but it does when you rush me off a phone and fake your apologize.. Your customer who was embarrassed sounded more sincere in the apology then you did....Word of mouth means everything... plse stop giving new Orleans a bad name by posing your restaurant as Cajun food anyone can throw spices on the food, cook craw fish and call it Cajun...

5  Thank S W