“Food disappointing, staff nice and friendly”
Review of Cafe Bar One

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Bar One
Ranked #82 of 132 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: British
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went in for some breakfast, while I was in the area and ordered eggs benedict. I was informed that bacon was extra, which surprised me as every time I have seen this on a menu bacon or sometimes ham is an integral part of the meal. When it arrived the eggs were very small and slightly overdone, while the hollandaise sauce was very almost congealed, and bland which was disappointing. The coffee that I had with the meal was nice though and the service was good, and staff were very friendly.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We go here once a week. I'm vegetarian and there is always a special to cater for me. They use local produce and the owners and staff are lovely.
Only thing that lets the place down are the toilets and decor . Floor could do with a good sand and the place deep cleaned and a decent coat of paint and the table placement better managed.
Home cooked food that caters mainly for student population but I'm over 40 and go and never feel out of place. See past the decor and let your palette enjoy the experience

Been to Cafe Bar One? Share your experiences!