“So glad we stumbled upon Jack's Bistro”

Jack's Bistro at the David Finney Inn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Set in historic Old New Castle, Jack's Bistro offers simple, fresh, flavorful food in a casual, friendly atmosphere. With three dining rooms to choose from, each with it's own style, plus patio seating, it's the perfect place to eat.
Delaware
“So glad we stumbled upon Jack's Bistro”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I were enjoying Old New Castle when we passed Jack's Bistro. We looked at the menu and since the restauant looked so nice, we took a chance. We were seated outside on their brick courtyard patio. It was so beautiful. We were made to feel comfortable right away. Our server was attentive and knowledgable. Our food was prepared fresh with homemade ingredients and was so delicious. As a bonus, the prices were extremely reasonable. The decor inside the restaurant was perfect and the restaurant was extremely clean. We can't wait to go back. This would be a great place for a special occasion dinner.

• Visited October 2011

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Wonderful Service... Average Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Attended with large group. Had pre-ordered Salmon. The fish was tasty, mixed vegetables cooked perfectly. Rice was sticky and cold. Waitress was so good she made up for any short comings. Would love to try again in smaller party.

Bear, Delaware
“Food and Atmosphere-Top Notch”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My wife and I have been here numerous times both in season and off season, and have never been dissapointed. From the time you walk in the door, to the time you walk out, the staff understands that you are the only reason that they exist. The food presentation, taste, and amount, is top notch. If you are tired of the chain restaurant scene, it is worth the drive. You won't be dissapointed.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank mymollymolly
Bear, Delaware
“Poor service and skimpy portions!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We used to really enjoy eating at Jack's however the portions have gotten skimpy and service has declined. We had to ask for bread and then we were asked how many pieces as if we were not worth giving bread to. I asked for a side of veggies for my son and was told carrots and green beans and was brought something completely different(onion, lettuce, peppers and a few carrots). My son wouldn't even eat it. We ordered a burger, salad, kid's meal and a side of veggies and the bill came to $50. I don't mind paying for good food but I'm sad to say we will never go back to Jack's.

• Visited July 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, service, and ambiance in adorable old New Castle”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

This is my first review on TripAdvisor, and it is really because I owe these guys big time-- my wife and I were married in New Castle and held the reception on the exquisite back patio of Jack's Bistro. The ambiance, service, and food, were all superb. Steve (the owner and head chef) was a huge help in making the preparations, listened to what we wanted and delivered a great, simple 3-course meal to our guests (appetizers, salad, salmon, w/sides of rice and asparagus, etc) and rounded it out nicely with some home made ice cream (vanilla is the best). In total we were about 50 people and everything came out on time, and everyone was super-impressed with the superb preparation and execution (which we had really nothing to do with because Steve, his father Ron, and very competent event manager Arista, took care of everything). I am normally fairly reserved in my praise but there was honestly nothing I could've improved on.

Ok so let's say you are NOT having a small reception at Jack's Bistro-- a few reasons you should go to this restaurant anyway: it has one of the cutest outdoor patios I have ever seen (complete with fountain, good tree shade, etc); the indoors has a very nice and friendly, upscale "English pub" type atmosphere; the food is well prepared and very reasonably priced for what you get (generous portions); the service and staff in general are excellent; and the town (New Castle) is very cute-- the restaurant is located on the main square, which includes a number of historic buildings (the whole town is from the 19th century it seems and well worth exploring) including the original Delaware state capitol building I believe. Oh and just short (2 minute walk) away is a lovely pier and park, in order to work off those calories after the meal.

New Castle is perfectly situated ~2 hrs drive from NYC and DC (assuming little traffic)-- go!

1 Thank Nick9981