“Still one of the best!”

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,756 helpful votes
“Still one of the best!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stopped here again this summer for ice cream. Dairy Palace did NOT disappoint. Large portions of good ice cream at decent prices. I love the large selection of ice cream creations and toppings. You can get just about anything you want! We have been coming here for years & will continue to visit when in the area.

• Visited June 2012

New Castle, Delaware
“A Delaware Institution”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

A boiled hot dog on a white bread bun eaten standing in the parking lot, followed by a classic ice cream confection. I have no idea why we keep going back to a place with window-only service and eat standing in a parking lot with no seating next to a noisy busy road, but we do. I honestly don't know why. The food is nothing special the atmosphere repellent, but we are always happy to see it open in the spring and sad when it closes in the fall, signalling the true end of summer is here. A New Castle tradition for something like 50 years.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank aajarvis
Newark, Delaware
“The Best!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I have been coming here for a good twenty years. When I was on the road working through out New Castle County, I always made it a point to try and get here several times a month if only just for a milkshake. The best around bar none! Its as if time has stood still at this little place. Soooo reminiscent of the 50's and 60's. Its what McDonald's and Dairy Queen used to look like. Except that this place hasn't forgotten about quality and customer service. My wife and I still come here. What an absolute treat it is.

• Visited June 2011
New Castle, Delaware
“Best Ice Cream Place in New Castle”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Every year i cant wait untill they open and am bummed when they close. I absolutely love their milkshakes and have been going there since i was a kid and now i take my daughter there. The prices are reasonable too and everything they have is definitely worth the price.

• Visited June 2011
Kingston, Tennessee
“Old school walk up Ice cream and shakes with hope for tastes”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

This place is exactly what I was hoping for: A piece of Americana that still operates the way it was 40 or 50 years ago. Its your basic walk up ice cream shack with very good shakes and ice cream. I had the Orange Creamcicle Shake and it tasted just like one. They add the flavors, then top it off and mix with soft serve. Service was prompt, and efficient. I could not ask for more, save maybe a T shirt.

1 Thank CaptainCoffey