“The Best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Newark, Delaware
“The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

I have been coming here for a good twenty years. When I was on the road working through out New Castle County, I always made it a point to try and get here several times a month if only just for a milkshake. The best around bar none! Its as if time has stood still at this little place. Soooo reminiscent of the 50's and 60's. Its what McDonald's and Dairy Queen used to look like. Except that this place hasn't forgotten about quality and customer service. My wife and I still come here. What an absolute treat it is.

• Visited June 2011

New Castle, Delaware
“Best Ice Cream Place in New Castle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

Every year i cant wait untill they open and am bummed when they close. I absolutely love their milkshakes and have been going there since i was a kid and now i take my daughter there. The prices are reasonable too and everything they have is definitely worth the price.

• Visited June 2011
Kingston, Tennessee
“Old school walk up Ice cream and shakes with hope for tastes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

This place is exactly what I was hoping for: A piece of Americana that still operates the way it was 40 or 50 years ago. Its your basic walk up ice cream shack with very good shakes and ice cream. I had the Orange Creamcicle Shake and it tasted just like one. They add the flavors, then top it off and mix with soft serve. Service was prompt, and efficient. I could not ask for more, save maybe a T shirt.

1 Thank CaptainCoffey
Delaware
“Hits the spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

We love love love this place!! We wait patiently ever year for them to open and when they do we are right there. Their ice cream is the best around!! My family and I go there quite a bit in the summer months. Lots of times we either stop there for an ice cream shake and take it to Old New Castle, or we get something on the way back. It's the perfect treat for the day. For the price it can't be beat anywhere!!! It's very affordable and GREAT taste for your money!! I have tried others but now I'm hooked!! Great Ice Cream!! Great Service!! I would highly recommend going here!

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,681 helpful votes
“Great Ice Cream at Good Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

The Dairy Palace is located in New Castle, DE near the New Castle Airport. It has been there for a long time. You can tell just by the building and the old neon sign alone that it dates back several decades. It is an old drive-in style building. You drive up and park around the building and walk up to the windows to order.

My husband and I have been going to the Dairy Palace in New Castle ever since we moved to the area--more than 10 years ago! It is one of our favorite places to go for soft serve ice cream. You can get the ice cream here--the way you want it. Plus the prices are incredible. I usually order myself a small sundae with strawberries and bananas. My husband orders the kids twist cone with sprinkles. A kids cone is enough for even an adult! Between the two of us we usually only spend about $5.00. That is a great price considering I get two fruit toppings on my small sundae. The ice cream is pretty creamy and the portions are generous.

Dairy Palace only offers chocolate, vanilla or twist soft serve. However, you can get a sundae or milkshake in several flavors including: chocolate, strawberry, pineapple, blueberry, rapsberrry, banana, peachs-n-cream, coconut, cherry, peanut butter, apple, hot fudge, marshmallow, walnut and butterscotch. If you choose more than one of these toppings/flavors for a sundae..they charge you $0.60 for each extra topping. In addition to those flavors, you can also get milkshakes in vanilla, mocha, mint, coffee, orange cream, pina colada, root beer, mango or cotton candy flavor. You can also get candy sundaes or candied shakes by adding snickers, peanut butter cup, reese's pieces, m & m's, nestle crunch, gummy bears, health bar or butterfinger to them. You can also add whipped cream, peanuts, walnuts, or sprinkles to a milkshake or sundae for an additional charge.

In addition to regular ice cream sundaes and milkshakes Dairy Palace serves up parfaits, malted shakes, fiesta sundaes, banana splits, gelatis, slushes, and OLD FASHIONED sodas. They offer some interesting sundaes including the Earth Sundae (with gummy earth worms), Apple Cobbler Sundae, Bits of Brownie Sundae, Chocolate Covered Pretzel, Chocolate Covered Cherry, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies-n-cream and etc. You can also get your cone dipped in chocolate, scooter cookie crunch, strawberry shortcake crunchies and etc. Dairy Palace also offers a D.P. Sandwich and Dairy Bar.

If you are looking for a snack instead of something sweet, the Dairy Palace offers Sloppy Joes, Hot Dogs, and Chili Dogs (Cheese also available). Pepsi products also served.

The Dairy Palace has a pretty large menu for such a small place. With such a large assortment of toppings and flavors offered--you can just about get anything you want. There has to be something for everyone's taste buds here! The prices are great, the quality good, the service fast, and the portions generous. No one makes a strawberry-banana sundae like the Dairy Palace! The Dairy Palace has been around for years & we will continue to visit for years to come.

1 Thank daisyferret1