“Shopping and Eating”

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Shopping and Eating”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a shopping and eating center for New Castle County. Including a vast yard sale a thon depending on weather. You can purchase any thing from shoe strings to fresh veggies to your own personalized ball cap. There is a newish Amish food mart and wonder pizza.
Open Friday through Sunday it is always busy here. Located just off of I95 and I295 on route 13.
You can also get your hair cut! I go every weekend!

Visited August 2012

Horseheads, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Not like it used to be”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I used to go here when I was little and it was always a fun adventure. The many different shops and restaurants were always fun to explore. Today they still have many shops (some are just dollar stores) and restaurants and if you look hard enough you can find a bargain. I wasn't impressed with the prices of the produce but my wife did find some good buys on ladies clothes. Both seafood shops had plenty of fresh seafood for sale but again the prices were very high and the blue claw crabs were very small.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank ValleyDrive57
Philadelphia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Weekend Fun - Tasty & Wacky”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Plenty to do at this Farmer's Market. There's a flea market component in the parking lot. Plenty of fresh veggies, nice butchers, neat fish mongers, spices, Amish/Menonite goodies, food stands galore and a few odd-ball stores mixed in (furniture outlet, boots, leather, etc.)
A regular at least 10 times per year.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Bajoba
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good spot for a afternoon”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Nice place to kill a day, about 100 little shops , bottom pricing. Fresh veggies, meats , seafood. Easy off I-95 & I-295 free parking Sunday out side flea market mostly old stuff.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank MikeSrairfrt
Newark, Delaware
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Freshest Produce Around”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We go here just for the fresh produce. If you enter the Farmers Market from the RT. 273 entrance, the produce market is just to your left. It is run by Asians who do a fantastic job assuring that the freshest produce is always available. The variety is fairly substantial and the prices always beat any grocery store.

The Newark Farmers Market does have better prices and a larger selection, however, they buy and supply much older produce that doesn't last very long on the counter or in the fridge. I know as I shop both of them weekly.

I mention this particular Asian market as I have noticed several other produce stands popping up there lately. I've checked them out and their prices are much higher and the selection non-existent. Aside from that, its just another farmers market to me.

I will add though that Stoltzfus has a large meat counter inside the market. The prices are reasonable and I would say that the meat is at least one step above what you would purchase in a grocery store.

A walk around the flea market is a good way to spend a nice afternoon once or twice a year. Mostly the typical flea market garbage, however several of the regulars do a nice job at focusing on just a few items. The one guy sells mostly kitchens items, pots, pans, lids, dishes etc. That is my favorite place to go while walking the parking lot.

Oh, I almost forgot. For the bikers, there is Marys Bargain Cycle. Great prices on all things motorcycle. Some of the same items the dealers carry at much less cost. She has been there for at least going on 30 years. Well worth a visit if you ride.

Visited June 2011