“Good value”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We were able to be seated very promptly. The waitress was friendly and informative about the menu, took our drink orders while we reviewed the menu. When drinks were served we placed our orders. The salads were very good and the steaks and sides were excellant.

1  Thank alfab0bby

Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I went to Lone Star the other day for a late lunch/ early dinner. We had not been to Lone Star for a while & thought it would be a nice treat. Once inside, we waited for a few minutes for the hostess to appear at the empty hostess stand. She then seated us at a booth on the upper level. We noticed that we were not given buckets of shelled peanuts this time. This was a bit of a disappointment since we always enjoyed the complimentary peanuts in the past.

Within minutes, our waitress was around to take our drink order. Immediately she tried to up-sale by offering us alcoholic beverages. We declined & just got water. Meanwhile, we looked over the menu. They had a special where you got 2 entrees & an appetizer for $25. However, it did not have the entree selection that my husband wanted on the special, so we opted to just order regular entrees. My husband ordered the 11oz Ribeye and added a side of grilled shrimp. He got the spinach & a sweet potato as his sides. I ordred the sidewinder chicken entree. I selected the chili & sweet potato as my sides. We took the option of having cinnamon-sugar & butter added to our potatoes.

While we waited we were given a small loaf of bread & some butter. We both enjoyed the bread. It was soft & warm. It was delicious. Within about 5 minutes my cup of chili was delivered to the table. It was really good. I enjoyed it. It was full of beans & big chunks of meat. It had a nice tomato base & lots of cheese up on top. It was not spicy, but a real hearty chili. I finished the whole cup & wished I had more! Within about 10-15 more minutes our meals were being delivered to the table. The 1st thing I noticed was that the sweet potatoes were HUGE! They were probably twice the size of a regular sweet potato!! The sidewinder chicken entree was also fairly large (an 8oz breast). It was cooked well & tasted pretty good. I liked the BBQ sauce, cheese & onion straws on top of the chicken. They had a nice flavor to them. The chicken breast itself was moist--not dried out. It was real chicken, but it had a strange texture, almost like processed chicken. My husband liked his ribeye and grilled shrimp. He said they were both very good & cooked perfectly. He didn't leave a morsel on his plate when he was done! He said the spinach was pretty good too. We both enjoyed the sweet potatoes with cinnamon-sugar & butter. I couldn't finish mine since it was so BIG. I brought it home & it reheated nicely the next day.

After dinner we were offered dessert (chocolate cake), but we declined. Our waitress brought us our check & a to-go box for my leftover chicken & sweet potato.

Overall, I feel like we had a good dining experience. It was not AMAZING, but still good. We enjoyed our food. We were disappointed that we were not given buckets of peanuts anymore. I was also disappointed to discover that the chicken pot pie soup was no longer on the menu. We felt like once we got seated, our service was pretty good. Our waitress was friendly & fast, but we did not like the push to buy alcoholic beverages in the beginning. We also thought the hostess should have been at her stand to greet customers. The atmosphere is a little dark inside, but appeared to be fairly clean. The food was all presented well & at good temperature. We will return again, as the food is good food at decent prices. However, since things are not as good as they used to be (food selections/peanuts)---we won't be back often.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Visited on Sunday 17/04/2011 as a party of 5. Restaurant only 20% full as 6.00 pm. Told to sit at bar till they can get a table. When questioning this as so many tables available was told they had to wipe down the menus first. What sort of people eat there which requires wiping down of menus? Nice ploy. insisted on table and were taken to a table. Ordered a glass of wine through meal, did not arrive, had to order with 3 seperate bored and disinterested waitresses. Food took one hour to get main course. No entrees were ordered. Salads are served in tiny little bowls with dressing in a side bowl. Due to size of bowl impossible to mix in salad dressing. Salads were just dumped on table with no effort made to establish who ordered what. Main courses were very mediocre and served with soggy under cooked chips. Restaurant lacks interested staff and clearly lack supervision. Never again!

Reviewed March 28, 2011

After a long road trip, my husband and our two kids stopped in for dinner. The atmosphere is in keeping with the theme and the service was fine.
My kids ordered the Mac 'n' cheese which arrived congealed, hard and tasteless. My husband ordered the ribeye which was amazingly thin and therefore, overdone. I had the bourbon salmon which was dry. The side of steamed broccoli had been done so enough to make it disintegrate in your mouth but then they let it soak in what can only be described as a vat of salt.
The beers were good....blue moon and Stella. And I liked the mini loaf.
The rest of it was awful.

1  Thank Lola0ne
Reviewed February 15, 2009

We went to Lonestar last Saturday night for a family member's birthday. We arrived around 7pm and the place was BUSY!!! The line was pretty long to wait to be seated, but we were told that our table would be ready in about 30 minutes. The estimated wait time was pretty accurate. We were seated at a booth in the main dining area. The seats were comfortable and the lighting was decent.

The waitress seated us with the menus and a bucket of peanuts to snack on. I love their complimetary salted peanuts in shells. It is fun to sit and snap open the peanuts while you are waiting for your meal to arrive. Plus, it really takes the edge off your hungar!

I ordered a soda (pepsi products) and the rest of my part ordered drinks from the bar. The drink orders came back acccurate. The soda (mountain dew) was a little watered down, so I wasnt real happy with it. The rest of the group seemed to enjoy their drinks. Meanwhile, we placed our appetizer and dinner order.

Within about 10 minutes our appetizers were out. We ordered the Lonestar skins & the Crab Topped Shrimp Scampi. The potato skins were great! They were topped with bacon, cheddar and monterey jack cheese. I think they could have used a little salt, but other than that..they were yummy thick wedges of potato cooked perfectly. The flavors meshed well & we were happy with them. The rest of my party agreed that they were tasty. My party also enjoyed the crab topped shrimp scampi. They were fighting over who got the last one. The comments were that the crab was moist & fresh...no shells..not fishy..perfectly cooked--an absolute flavor explosion!! This is a new item & I hope they keep it..because my family loved them.

Our dinner ordered arrived just as we finished up the appetizers and the complimentary loaf of bread & butter. I ordered the Bubba Chicken sandwich. My husband and another member of our party ordered the Texas Ribeye. And the last member of our party ordered the Sweet Bourbon Salmon. I ordered the fries and my husband opted for the Baked Sweet Potato. The other members of our group ordered classic dinner salads. The dinner salads did look pretty appetizing, but I can't say how they were since I personally didnt eat them. My husband said the sweet potato was delicious...topped with cinnamon and butter. The two that ordered the Texas Ribeyes were VERY HAPPY with their selections & they said they were cooked perfectly...moist, juicy and tender, full of flavor!! The Salmon person said the flavor was good, but the fish was a little dry. I personally was not crazy about my chicken sandwich. I have had it in the past & it was pretty good. This time, it had an almost "gamey" taste to it. I wish I had sent it back to the kitchen from the start, but I opted to nibble at it. I also ate one of my husband's side dishes since he got two. He had ordered the Chicken Pot Pie soup in addition to his sweet potato. This is a customary practice whenever we go to Lonestar..because I absolutely love the Chicken Pot Pie soup. I always say Im just going to order just a big bowl of the Chicken Pot Pie soup for my meal "next time" we got to Lonestar, but then I always order something else..since soup just doesnt sound like much of a meal. BUT I think Im going to hold myself to my word next time...BECAUSE to me the SOUP is AMAZING! My husband agrees that the Chicken Pot Pie Soup is hearty and full of flavor!

The service was pretty good & friendly, especially for a BUSY weekend night. The orders all came out pretty quick and accurate. I would defiantely visit this location again, but NEXT TIME I will order a BIG BOWL of Chicken Pot Pie Soup as my meal!! <<by the way, Im not really much for red meat...just in case you were wondering why I dont just order a steak SINCE they are AMAZING>>

Tip: You can join the e-club and get special offers for your birthday. OR you can get a free dessert for your birthday if you let them sing Happy Birthday to you.