“Yum!”

Jake's Hamburgers
New Jersey
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

If you're looking for a delish burger and strawberry shake fast - this is where you go! Prices are good, quality is good - YUM YUM YUM.

Newark, DE
“Great Shakes!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I'm local to Newark, DE but until yesterday, never tried "Jakes" before. There are of at least 3 locations that I know of - Route 273 in Newark, Rt 13 in New Castle and Rt 2 on Kirkwood Hwy in Wilmington. We went into the one on Rt 13.

When we walked up the stairs, I noticed a large deck with approximately 15 booths/tables right on the deck which I thought was pretty nice for outside eating. When we went inside, I was very surprised how little space there was to eat. There are 3 larger "booths" with approximately 5 or 6 seats on each side. There is absolutely NO atmosphere inside - If we were going to stay to eat there - it would have been outside on the deck.

Since we were craving milkshakes - that's what we got. They have approximately 14 flavors of milkshakes and I can honestly tell you they were THE BEST I've ever had. I had the chocolate mint but "tasted" their strawberry bananna and chocolate bananna and they were ALL OUTSTANDING!! They only come in one size (20 oz or slightly larger) and the price is $3.85. I was happy to see they take debit cards and the college age kids behind the counter were very patient and helpful too!

Jakes is renouned for their burgers (as they constantly win multiple "Best of Delaware" awards) and from what I've seen - folks were ENJOYING them, so I guess they live up to their reputation.

All in all - while the place could use more atmosphere it is quite clear that they put their energies into making great food and who can fault them for that!!!

1 Thank cbvazquez