“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
Mashpee, Massachusetts
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed there overnight on a recent trip down rt95. I was using Choice Hotel points so I can't comment on price/value.

The lobby and front desk staff were very nice upon check-in.

The room was clean and a decent size. Linens were crisp, clean and not worn down. The beds were comfortable.

The breakfast are is too small for the numbers of people trying to use it. The staff did keep it stocked and cleaned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate your comments and will see what we can do to spread out the breakfast area a bit. Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We really enjoyed the new décor of this very new, chic hotel. It is not old and tired as many in the chain are these days. The manager making my reservation was very helpful. You will enjoy your stay there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrequentHotel
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Very kind of you to take the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. It never gets old to hear that we have pleased a guest. Hoping to see you again soon.
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice enough staff, but disappointing overall. The smell of the cleaning stuff they use was really strong and overwhelming (maybe to cover for the smoking rooms?). It took over an hour and a half to get room service delivered (three very simple dishes: burger, pasta, salad). Pretty good free breakfast, although the coffee was terrible. Normally I like to be leisurely at a hotel but we left as soon as we could.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I would like to aplogize that our room service delivery took longer than you had expected. I will discuss with the restaurant your comments and recommend that if they are in a higher volume situation, to alert a guest of a potential delay. Relating to the coffee, I am somewhat surprised, as we generally get high marks for the coffee we serve. Perhaps it was the end of a pot, but please accept my apologies. Again, I will pass these comments along so that we may improve our service.
Long Island,NY
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We are a family of 4 plus one small dog. The hotel in general is clean and nicely decorated. We stayed on the 1st floor in a pet friendly room for one night. The room was clean, had no smell and nicely decorated with the usual refrig, microwave, and coffee maker with Twinings tea bags (there was coffee too but I don't recall what kind). It had 2 different types of pillows (feathered and non feathered) for your sleeping pleasure! The cooling/heating unit had temperature touch control with auto on/off so it wouldn't run all the time. In short it appeared that the hotel pays attention to details. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was great and had make your own hot waffles, bacon and sausage, scrambled eggs, breads etc. It was nicely laid out and the woman manning it kept a watchful eye. Yes I do know to flip it over after pouring the batter thank-you, just give me a second, OK? Sorry madam I almost forgot to leave the waffle iron open after finishing but you were right on the ball! I was just so excited with the choices, yum! For the price paid online at choicehotels, it was a great value!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank soccerSlaves
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I am glad to ear that you had the kind of experience that we strive to create for all of our guests. I also appreciate your taking the time to let us know that you noticed our efforts. As I am heading into a staff meeting, all our new comments are communicated and tis will be a pleasure to read to all.

Thank you again and hope t see you soon!
Brigantine, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Next to cemetary this hotel is right on top of graves. Love the barb wire fences. Graceland Cemetary.
Across street Dorles Baylor Prision then next to there is a crazy person hospital Herman. What a location. Driving up the driveway you see big fences and trees with razor barb wire. Avoid this place!

• Stayed August 2013
I would first like to apologize that someone on our staff was rude and made such a special occaision, less than a wonderful memory. While I may not be able to change our neighbors, quiet as they may be, I would like to find out more about the incident that prompted your response. Please feel free to call me, Paul Rada, on my direct line 302-299-1402.
Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my first stay at the Clarion. The rooms were very nice, large the bed comfortable however I ranked this low because the smell of chemicals in my room was unbearable. I’m accustomed to smelling a bit of deodorizer in hotels rooms however this was beyond normal. You could barley breath without choking on the fumes. We checked in late for an early morning appointment however I could not sleep and would have requested a change of room if it were not so late. It was not as bad in the bathroom (where I really did consider sleeping) but eventually I was able to sleep (around 3:00 AM) by pressing my nose between the pillows to try and filter out the smell. With no ability to ventilate the room it was very unpleasant. The breakfast was very good, above average however make sure to bring your coupon in the room key package, nobody told us and we had to walk back to our room to retrieve it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LBiship
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Please accept my apologies that our air freshener was too strong for you and I'm sorry that we didn't get an opportunity to move you to another room. I will speak to our housekeeping staff to be more judicious in the future.

I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and I hope that you allow us another chance to be of service. Please feel free to contact me, Paul Rada, directly, and I would be happy to see to your arrangements.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for a lacrosse tournament. I called on advance to ask for an email confirmation of my stay and was told it was sent. When the email did not go through I called the hotel to see if it could be sent again and I got such an attitude that the person had to do it. When I arrived the next day to check in that same disappointing service continued. Frieda was downright unfriendly! We were early and informed we could not check in at the time. Since we had a few hours before the games started I asked if she would know if the room would be available within a few hours... Her response..."how am I to know!". We wanted to leave but had no choice. When we arrived that evening there were no towels for the pool. We were asked to use room towels. It appeared nobody wanted to assist in getting towels and when they finally arrived to the front desk the woman literally cursed us under her breath!! I have stayed at many, many hotels in my lifetime and have NEVER experienced such poor customer service. Next year we will stay at the Sheraton down the road.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank KimoS69
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
With all the kind comments that we have received in the past, this comment hit me to the heart. Please allow me to apologize to you and your family, as this is not the type of memory that we are trying to create. We have always taught our staff, that a smile and good service are what separates properties. It costs the property nothing and generates long lasting friendships with our guests. When we fail at this, it tarnishes the reputation of everyone working at the property. I can assure you that we don't tolerate this kind of attitude and will be retraining and revamping our front desk personnel. I can only ask, that should you allow us another chance to prove our dedication to good service, please feel free to contact me, so that I may personally handle your arrangements.

Paul Rada
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington New Castle
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel

Been to Clarion Hotel - The Belle? Share your experiences!