“Worth going out of your way for :)”

Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Montchanin
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rockland Road
“Worth going out of your way for :)”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Really, I don't understand the negative reviews. We were seated very quickly, and served a very well mixed cocktail before dinner. Our sever was well versed with the chef's offerings. The chef treated us to a sample of something delicious before we ordered, I can't remember the name of it, but it was savory. We really appreciated the smaller/larger size options as it let us order more things. We started with the Charcuterie with 3 meats. My husband had the heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella, which had a delicious balsamic dressing with possibly bacon? in it. I had the crab bisque, which I wanted to bathe in, it was so good. For entree's I had the seared Ahi tuna with grilled watermelon, and the small size was "just" right. It was delicious and uncluttered. My husband had the grilled ribeye with haricorts verdes, again, the smaller size was perfect. We did have dessert, my husband had the study of fudge, 4 squares of fudge, 2 of which were excellent- the Almond Joy and the White chocolate with raspberry. I had the creme brulee, which unfortunately was devoid of flavor and over cooked. It was not in any way creamy, more like a firm quiche. This was the only ding I could find in an otherwise perfect meal. I would order it again to give the chef another chance, but I'd send it right back if it was the same consistency.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Mzadvntre

Rochester, New York
“New staff”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we arrived - this was a highly recommended restaurant and was right on site. The service was great and the decor was a bit crazy with tons of photos of cats in crazy get-ups. I feel we hit it at just a bad time as it seems they were creating a new menu and perhaps chef and the staff was very unfamiliar with the new menu. We had questions and they repeatedly have to go back to veryify with the chef what came with each meal. I sense potential, but what we received was just average and it really was kind of weird to get the high quality food in the strange decor.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Inventive, farm-fresh and delicious!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

A new chef took over here about a month ago and he is just wonderful. We loved the mixed platter of raw and roasted oysters, the ability to order small or large portions, the special soft-shell crabs, the super-tender beef short ribs and the marvelous succotash! Mmmm. So good!

Visited July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fine dining near the Inn.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The crab cakes were divine. All of our meals were superb and the wait staff members were pleasant and service-oriented. I really recommend this restaurant for the best fine dining in the area.

Visited April 2013
Ocean City, Maryland
“A good choice”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My daughter and I ate here only once, during a trip to visit the gardens and museums in the area. The room is attractive and dimly lit. It was never full during our rather prolonged meal. I can't say that the food met my expectations. The menu, which I had read online prior to my visit, intrigued me. It sounded very creative. So it was a bit of a disappointment, especially the sweetbreads, which were fried, which is O.K., but the accompanying couscous "pearls" were also fried, and it was just too much fried batter. My duck was good but not great. The service was fine, if slow, which may have been the fault of the kitchen. I think there was a private dinner upstairs that night, so maybe they were taxed. I just can't rave about the experience, so I cannot give this restaurant a 5. I think the prices are in line with those in other upscale restaurants.

Visited May 2013