“Best restaurant in the state of Delaware.”

Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village
Reserve with OpenTable
Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Montchanin
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rockland Road
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Krazy Kats is very upscale in location, ambiance, service and quality. It is pricy, but well worth it for that special dinner with your special someone. The menu offers exotic fare along with more traditional items. We were very happy with everything. It met all our expectations. We have also been here in the past very Sunday brunch and it was excellent as well. I would recommend this place to anyone that enjoys their food as more than just fuel.

There are newer reviews for Krazy Kat's at The Inn at Montchanin Village

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great for special occasions, or the occasional splurge to experience some amazing food flavors in a really special atmosphere. Went here recently for dinner, our first time here at all. I was looking forward to the half-size portions I had read about online, but they weren't offering them as it was the week of Valentine's Day. Despite that, my wife and I had an amazing meal for about $130 including tip (not including beverages). I was a bit apprehensive about the prices, but reviews were very favorable. The food did not disappoint. Everything delicious. Amazing flavors. Every bite was a delight! I had the scallops appetizer, crab bisque, filet mignon, and ricotta cheesecake. She had pear and arugula salad, rockfish entree, and creme brulee. (We did share, of course.) Everything was fantastic. Amazing flavors! More expensive than I usually spend on dinner, but I have to say this was worth it. The main dining room is much nicer than the porch/annex...ask for the main dining room when you make your reservation...you won't regret it.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I passed this place while driving and decided we would try it sometime. We looked it up online and it was a little pricey, so we decided to wait for a special occasion. We made reservations for our anniversary. They have an extensive wine list, and the wine we chose was excellent. Their menu is quite small, but all of the selections looked wonderful, and there were some "different" choices (such as antelope). They had small plates as well as regular dinner plates which makes it easy to order and try several different items. I had an onion & mushroom soup and my husband had the crab bisque. We each ate half and switched. Both were amazing. We shared a salad and three small entree choices. I even tried the antelope (tasted like steak!). Dessert was heavenly. The service was wonderful, and the manager took time to visit our table to make sure everything was perfect....and it was.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Reservation for 9, asked by restaurant to change time, no problem. Went for brunch. Service was beyond bad. Drinks came and we were never asked if we wanted another, had to repeatedly ask passing waitstaff for water refills. Brunch entrees took 45 minutes to arrive. Restaurant wasn't busy. Waitress disappeared. Had to go ask her to offer dessert menus. Asked a passing server for coffee, he brought it but not the cream???? Who works like this??? These 9 ladies won't recommend Krazy Kats to anyone!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Service and food was outstanding! We had the Hudson Valley Foie Gras for an appetizer and for our main course my husband had the duck and I had the crab cakes. Both were delicious and cooked perfectly. Michael, the General Manager, was very professional and courteous and took extra time to make sure we were enjoying our meal. The rest of the staff was very pleasant from the hostess who sat us to our server who anticipated our every need! Krazy Kats provides a very romantic atmosphere and I can't wait to go back on our next date night.