“Poor housekeeping resort in Malaysia Johor”

Le Grandeur Palm Resort Johor
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Senai
Singapore, Singapore
“Poor housekeeping resort in Malaysia Johor”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

After my few days staying in Johor Town. I had change to the resort which is far away from town and near Senai air port. This place is mainly for like a quite holiday or enjoying golf next to this resort. The room is quite big. My room at ground floor and next to the swmming pool.
This is the hotel/resort that I given low rated. Why? First is the room do not provide the tooth brush . shaver and tool paste(Lucky I brought my own) , I think do not do "make-up" room or housekeeping. Many hairs in the toilet room!Floor quite dirty... Also, in my room got mosquito and housefly.I told the reception officer and she told me may be I open the window and the insert flying in? Oh my god! I late check in at about 9.30pm and I told them at about 10pm... why their do not check and make such comments? She asked me whether need some spray to kill the insert? So late at night, if the insects can not kill, I may be unable to sleep at late night and I need to work in next morning! Very Disappointed! I switch the air conditional as low temperature, so that the insects will not any how flying and kept still at a corner or on the wall. (I killed them) I think the resort should improve (1) housekeeping and staffs skill. (2)Resort need to renovated as very old.(3) some room equipment(Rusty) need to replace. Please take action! :-{

Room Tip: Ask for facing the swimming poor or facing the golf course for better view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Under-the-Sun88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked the resort to celebrate my anniversary & hubby's birthday. I had made a request for room decor. I was impressed with the room decor done for us and we given a complimentary 1/2kg birthday cake & nice varieties chocolates (very presentable).
Resort staffs were friendly and professional with always a smile (front desk,housekeeping,sports & leisure,restaurants etc.) Facilities was excellence with the avilable of an olympic sized pool, great gym eqiupments which are convenience for my daily training. I missed the resort and will sure to return again future.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank missynoora
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Room was big (but pricey) with good amenities but the only shortcoming is it is very far from Legoland (main intention of the trip). Cleanliness could be improved and the walking distance from room (depending on which part of the hotel your room is) can be quite far. Parking space is also a minor headache if you return too late in the night and had to park quite a distance in the dark. There is a buggy service to transfer to room but many a time, the buggy is no where to be seen or had to wait quite a while for it and you had to walk back to the lobby to get on to it, which is quite a distance if you had parked at the further end.

Also, food choices is limited as this hotel is literally in the middle of no where. Had to drive out to eat to avoid expensive hotel prices. Drove to eat (and to kill 2 birds with one stone) at the Johor Premium Outlets (JPO), though not cheap also but cheaper than prices at the hotel. However, the taste of food at the hotel is quite good.

Near to Senai Airport but you would not hear aircraft noise. Of course, nearer food choices would be at the airport's eateries and a standalone 24 hours McDonald's but going to JPO you can burn some calories after (and your wallet ^.^). There is also food court at JPO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lifejourneys
singapore
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We family of 4 booked a twin room for a night stay after visiting Legoland. We were given highest unit as requested. Everything in the room looked old and the TV was a 21inch CTV. Only the bed looked better. The hair dryer was so old and dusty that we don't dare to use it at all. The tap at the sink was so shaky that we have to turn on gently. The air con was intermittently working, it will auto cut off every 30mins. But we thought it was central control in the day time and did not feedback about it.

The worst thing began at middle of night:-
- the toilet light will flash every 20 mins
- the Air con will auto off itself. There isn't any other ventilation as the balcony door was closed.
- the door bell sounded by itself ( I don't think is someone pressing it at 11:30pm)

We called the reception and the air con technician came withIn 10 mins.

To our surprise,, the tech was well prepared with some cables. He seemed to know what had happened. He immediately told us that he will do a by pass for the air con. He climbed up the fall ceiling and within minutes it was fixed. And after fixing the air con, the flashing lights symptoms was solved too. I think there must be some electrical problem in this room. At last, we could have peaceful night.

We have been to many others hotels/motels in different countries This the worst among all. Maybe this is what we supposed to get with the the amount that we paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank angie_ang

Travelers are raving about these Senai hotels

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The furniture are old but the room is clean. However, the air condition is damn lousy, asked them to fixed it, the technician said is functioning, must wait few hours to let the room cold. Is definitely not worth to pay that kind of money . Won't recommend

• Stayed March 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had stayed here for 2 nights, taking up the Executive Deluxe Room. We checked in a bit late around 6.00 p.m. and our first impression on the hotel staff's hospitality was very good - security guard, porter, front desk officer - all greeted us with smile.

During the room's booking I did request for a room on higher level (2nd floor), facing the golf course and near to the elevator - which the hotel had kindly obliged. The check in was quick and we were ushered to our room.

Pros
+ Very good hospitality by the hotel staffs. Always with a smile and helpful to attend our needs.
+ Near to Senai airport. Less than 10 minutes. If you need to be near to airport, this is your choice. Even though it was near to airport, there was hardly any or non-existent of noises from aircraft around the resort.
+ Near to Johor Premium Outlet (JPO) - I think this was the main reason for majority of the resort's patron to stay here. A car ride shall take around 15 minutes. The hotel also have shuttle services to JPO and Legoland at several designated time every day, at a price.
+ Many outdoor recreational facilities - gold course, tennis courts, bowling alley etc. Can't review about their condition though since I didn't use any of them. Saw a paintball (speedball) arena near to the resort as well.
+ Adequate size and well maintained pool.
+ Free Wi-Fi in room, however it was only for one (1) device. It could be better to have unlimited device for each room's usage.
+ The room service was lovely. Ordered beef burger and it turn out to be delicious.
+ Parquet room flooring - it is nice not to have cold feet compared to tiles.

Cons
- The resort looks and feel jaded and tired. While we can see effort to maintain the furniture and decoration but it still feel...old. I can attest to this as I had been to this resort when it was under different name/management/owner many years back and the overall ambient were the same. It is about time to do some makeover to make the resort 'fresh' while maintaining its theme as a golf resort.
- Our room's air conditioning was not functioning as it was suppose to. I'm not saying there was no air cond, there was, but just barely adequate. We tried to adjust the temperature and fan speed but it was the same. OK for night time but during the day light hours, with our room facing the golf course (meaning direct hit of sunlight), the room is a bit warm. I did report this to the front desk officer during check out, which she apologize on the matter and shall inform the maintenance team to rectify this.
- Some part of the room was dusty : the hidden, hard-to-reach area.
- The Ishwara restaurant (if I spelled this right), during the weekdays, only open till 3.00 pm. So if you are looking for Malaysian food after that time, you have to look outside the resort. There were other restaurants but they served Japanese, Chinese and Western.
- the road leading to the resort, during night time, can be a bit daunting to some people. While the resort management may have nothing to do with this, but they should try to work out with the relevant authorities to have more road lights.

The resort has the staff with good attitude and hospitality that can make your stay enjoyable - which can be made even better if the ambient, furniture and decoration be revamped. They have to spend some money for the resort to look 'fresh' and 'interesting' rather than keep sitting on the true-and-tested-way-but-still-the-same for years to come.

If you want a place near to JPO, with a golf course and a good hospitality is expected, this resort may suit for you.

Room Tip: Ask for room on higher floor and near to elevator - the elevators are located central of the resort...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ikram_md
Klang
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It is located near the Senai International Airport. The rooms are good and clean.
I had my morning wedding tea ceremony in this resort and the staffs are friendly.
The pool view is great. I really enjoyed my stay there. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Senai
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru
Perth Hotel
Perth Hotel
#2 of 2 in Senai
Somerset Puteri Harbour Iskandar Puteri

Been to Le Grandeur Palm Resort Johor? Share your experiences!