“Repeat Repeat Repeat :)”
Review of Broadkill Boathouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: American
Description: Formerly the Iguana Grill
Description: Formerly the Iguana Grill
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I have been dining at The Broadkill Boathouse for the past 2 months and will admit a true repeat customer. It is a very relaxed and easy place to enjoy a casual, affordable meal. My favorites so far are the gouda melt sandwich and the tuna rolls which both happen to be their signature items and unique. Their happy hour can NOT be beat and they offer it not just in the bar area but in the dining room and outside deck...very uncommon! I find the waitstaff very nice and always the same girls there. I bring different guests with me all the time and so far all have been pleased. If you are looking for just a nice evening out where you can sit outside and enjoy a beautiful view, eat good food with pleasant servers...The Broadkill Boathouse is for you!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Food was awful this last visit. Initially I was impressed but not this time! Lettuce brown and wilted, shrimp rubbery, didn't have items listed on menu, AND food was blah. Not sure this place represents Milton well. Definitely need a talk with the chef.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

This location has housed many different restaurants. I looked forward to dining here since it opened a few months ago. I was disappointed. It did seem like a nice place to go for drinks, which was the reason the majority of people were here. We did enjoy our $2 happy hour pints of Miller Lite.

The menu is limited, mostly appetizers and sandwiches. My husband had the fish and chips and said it was fine. I had the salmon entree. The sides were good but the salmon was the worst I ever had. They served good cornbread. The glasses and plates were cheap plastic.

The best thing I can say is that Miss Kitty was very happy with the large portion of salmon I brought home.

1  Thank Sue in reho K
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stumbled upon this restaurant on our way home from the beach. Service was good. Ordered the special which was prime rib. After a long wait the food came and the prime rib on cold. The waitress took it back and when returned with it a few short minutes later it was still cold. She said that the cook had dipped it in boiling hot au jus. What? It was still cold. Nice place but cold food is not appealing, especially beef.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

I tried this place with my dinner group. For most of us, it was our first time dining here. I don't know if it was an off night for them or what, but our service was very poor. We were a group of about 10. The waitress took our drink order...then disappeared. Then she took half of the table's dinner order, and disappeared again. I was one of the first of my party to arrive, but sat in the middle of the table they arranged for us to socialize. They took my order last. 1.5hrs into the visit I received my food. I ordered the salmon...it was pretty good. Not the best, but not the worst. Although I was starving by then, so anything would have seemed awesome at that point. A member of our group called ahead to confirm that it was ok to do separate checks, however when it came time to ask for the bill, the waitress threw a mini-tantrum. They still received the gratuity, so I'm not sure what the issue was. They were not busy either...at all. Which is why I couldn't understand why everything took so long. I'm still waiting for the waitress to come back and let me know if they are out of Strongbow. I'm pretty laid back, but the service this night was bad. The entertainment on the patio was nice. Once it stopped raining we all finished the evening out there over a few more drinks (that we had to go inside to the bar and get ourselves if we didn't want to wait). The view is really nice as it looks over the water. There is plenty of parking and I'm sure on a good night, this place can be lots of fun.