“Fun restaurant and great food”

Po' Boys Creole & Fresh Catch
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We also have a Sunday Brunch and we provide carry out!
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stopped here on our way to the Dogfish head brew tour. We both had po'boy sandwiches and really enjoyed them and also shared the Mississippi mud pie. It was different from what we imagined but it was very good and tasted like it was homemade and not mass produced somewhere else. We also liked the selection of beer from New Orleans. The service was quick and the waitress was friendly. If we are ever back in the area we would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Every time we visit southern Delaware we make a point of eating at Po' Boys. Food is consistently delicious and reasonably priced. We find ourselves craving some of the dishes (Shrimp Creole and Jambalaya). It appears others have discovered this gem because it's gotten busier over time (wished we could have kept it secret :-). We appreciate that it's family owned and the owners are visible and actively involved. Highly recommended if you're craving that Creole cuisine.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stopped by Po' Boys for lunch on our way back home from a visit to the Dogfish Head Brewery in Milton, DE. I have driven past the restaurant many times and would never have stopped there if it hadn't been for my wife's suggestion. What a pleasant surprise! We had shrimp Po' Boy sandwiches that were great. Portion sizes and food quality was outstanding. Real creole food. A little New Orleans cuisine in Sussex County. Don't let the location keep you from stopping. This place is great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Friends and I happened upon this great spot while visiting Rehoboth. The restaurant is about 15 mins from Rehoboth off of Route 16. I ordered a shrimp po'boy and Bayou shrimp appetizer. The appetizer was FANTASTIC and the shrimp in the po'boy was seasoned to perfection. I thought the proportion of shrimp to roll was off but I didn't need all the carbs anyway (smiling). My friends ordered the crab cake sandwich which was delicious. The crab cake had minimal filler. The pecan pie and bread pudding were winners as well. They serve ice tea in a mason jar -- which I loved. The place was comfortable and relaxing and the servers were very pleasant. I definitely plan on visiting again during my next trip.

1  Thank TAPhillips
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've eaten here more than a few times and have to admit that it is my FAVORITE restaurant in the Delaware Beach area. The cook is a chef, a real chef. The bread for the po boys comes from Canada, they say- I don't know if they ship the dough or how they do it- all I know is that when the sandwich is put down in front of you, that amazing aroma of light yeast wafts up at you. I have no idea how they manage that light breading on the shrimp that contains the taste of the shrimp with no oil or grease on it. The andouille gumbo is served every day, lightly seasoned, rich and filling. If you get lucky they have made a batch of their seafood gumbo, try it if it's on the little blackboard, it's great! I had the crawfish soup on my last trip yesterday, rich broth with scallions, mushrooms, spinach potatoes and loads of crawfish. It was so very good!
I've had three of the appetizers, the scallops, the shrimp and the oysters, all delicious. Delicate sauces, perfectly cooked fresh seafood, what more can you ask for?
Last but not least, there is the Mississippi Mud Pie. The crust seems to be kind of a shortbread, crispy, the chocolate mousse and the whipped cream are fresh and it is sprinkled with chocolate powder- God I love this stuff!
This is not a chi chi restaurant, it is a small storefront in a strip mall. It is cute, kind of campy. Don't look for fine china, not here.The food however, is on par with any five star establishment that I've ever been in. Every dish is a taste sensation.
They serve some Louisiana beers and of course, dog fish head brews. There is a small wine list. They are friendly, knowledgeable about their food and very serious about turning out fresh, authentic food. The prices are cheap for the quality of food that they serve. Thanks Po Boys, you bring the Big Easy to Delaware!

1  Thank winterfling