Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
The Best Mead!

Amazing mead including dry, carbonated, sweet, and semi-sweet. By far the best mead I’ve ever had... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Reviewed May 19, 2018
cherpa52
poconos
via mobile

All reviews fire pit mead hall on tap meads viking sweeter ancient samples growler lewes delaware
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

We googled the most popular things to do in Milton Delaware and the Brimming Horn popped up. Wow its a change from Wineries and distilleries. Dont let the unassuming exterior foll you, the inside was welcoming and fun! JR Did a great job explaining the history of meaderies. Love the tastings! This made our trip!!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 26, 2018

I've been a fan of Jon Talkington's mead for many years, so I was delighted to read in the paper that he was starting his own meadery. I finally got a chance to visit it when my sister was in for a visit, and I'm pleased to say that the mead is every bit as excellent as when I first had it. The various meads are not just sweet meads--there is a variety of sweet and dry, some are blended with various fruits, and some even are blended with hops. In other words, there is something for everyone. Brimming Horn Meadery is well worth the trip, wherever you're from. And guess what? They'll also ship it to you if you're not from Delaware! You can't go wrong.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018

This building was unassuming as we drove up to it--but, the energized and good spirited staff treated us like royalty with their friendliness and knowledge. It seemed everything had a delightful history which was shared.
The meads were distinct and favorable--order the sampling, and it will be arranged in such a way to make the tastings more remarkable.
We look forward to returning in the summer, to relax by a fire pit in the yard!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

A unique stop for anyone looking to experience the ancient brew mead. A great tasting room and a chance to learn about the brewing of mead from a local expert.
Unlike anything you have probably had, this honey based drink is not a wine nor a beer but something different. Sample the many varieties and I'm sure you will find something to your liking.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed January 18, 2018

The Brimming Horn Meadery was a *wonderful* experience! Every mead I sampled was unique and delicious. The Norse decor was warm, lively, and fun. I felt like I was in an old-fashioned mead hall! :) The staff were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. My only complaint was that I couldn't buy everything I tasted!

I will be back, and I'll be bringing more friends to share in the fun!

Date of experience: January 2018